L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is the Trusted Disruptor for the global aerospace and defense industry. With customers’ mission-critical needs always in mind, our more than 50,000 employees deliver end-to-end technology solutions connecting the space, air, land, sea and cyber domains.
Job Code: 459
We can offer you flexible working practices and a hybrid working pattern, with time in our offices and your home, to enable a good work-life balance
Important to know:
Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Crawley specialise in technology and systems to enable quality pilot training from distance learning systems applications and maintenance solutions to training devices and full flight simulators, our technology covers the complete training spectrum.
About the role:
The L3Harris Global Airline Academy has a vacancy for a business administration role based at the London Training Centre. This is an opportunity for you to join a newly formed team focused on delivering world class customer experience to a global market. As the Customer Business Administrator your role is a key coordination role between sales, customer experience, training planning and finance. You will provide admin support for Global Airline Academy customers for Sales Order processing, account enquiries, as well as responding to customer queries. You will also support the customer experience team with purchasing activities ensuring cadet supplies are available as required.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What you'll be doing:
- Working with the sales and enrolment teams to create and send Sales Orders, Sales Returns, Credit Memo’s, and Quotations on SAP.
- Manage the sales order ledger, ensuring all changes are appropriately actioned based on output from operational delivery teams.
- Proactively manage payment due dates and work with the finance department to ensure invoices are sent and cash received in a timely manner.
- Support customer welcome days, including preparation and on the day assistance. Meet and greet attendees and lead building tours.
- Complete monthly finance reconciliation to ensure that training activity has been invoiced appropriately
- Work with the Finance team for reporting customer credit control queries to relevant account holders and resolving any customer invoice queries
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to manage complex or unique high-volume activities under tight time constraints
What else could be helpful to be successful in this role:
- Experience of working in a Customer facing department
- Administration experience
- Experience of working with SAP or similar financial tools
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships
Thank you for your patience as we transition to a new applicant tracking system. Please be aware that you may have applications in more than one system at this time and, as a result, you may receive communications regarding your applications from multiple systems.