Harwoods Group is an automotive retailer representing prestigious car Brands - Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, BMW Service, Jaguar and Land Rover, McLaren, MAN, Volvo and the most recent addition, INEOS. We have over 25 businesses providing sales, service and accident repair services across Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire.
Established since 1931, we are a successful and progressive third generation family owned business. In 2022 our turnover was over £600m and we now employ over 1000 valued members of staff.
Our vision is ‘Powering Family Adventure’. In other words, our brands, systems and people help power our customers adventures ensuring they feel both part of our family business and our company values.
81% of our employees responded to our engagement survey in 2022 with an increased engagement score of 9% on the previous survey, we are a safe bet for a job and a career!
The role of the Bodyshop MET Technician is to:
- Accurately and skilfully undertake the removal and replacement of mechanical, electrical and trim items on motor vehicles. Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and complies with retailer, manufacturer and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the highest standard of repairs are carried out to the manufacturer’s specification, specifically relating to fitting and trimming. Detect and diagnose any additional faults for further repairs.
All Harwoods employees are expected to comply with/adhere to all Harwoods policies and procedures and any additional manufacturer requirements relevant to their role.
- Proof of Right to Work in the UK.
Skills & Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence.
- Smart appearance.
- Competency in numeracy and literacy.
- Automotive Trade Accreditation (ATA) essential.
Harwoods has 5 key competencies which describe the behaviours expected of all employees. For this role we are looking for applicants who can demonstrate all of the competencies below at the level described, as per the attached competency framework.
Delivering Memorable Customer Service
Provides customer service which creates ‘memorable experiences’ through meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
Level: Team Member
High Performing Teams
Supports others to continuously improve performance. Seeks feedback on own performance, takes responsibility for own development & demonstrates Harwoods values.
Commercial and Operational Excellence
Understands the drivers of business performance and uses them to optimise commercial opportunities. Plans and manages processes, resources workflows efficiently.
Innovation & Improvement
Demonstrates openness to change and improvement. Proactively looks for more effective ways of doing things.
Knowledgeable of, aligned to and ambassador for the brand and adheres to brand standards.
- Safeguard the customer vehicle and its contents while in the workshop.
- Seek clarification in the event a work order is unclear or seems incorrect.
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure where necessary. Includes any/all faults or defects detected while working on the vehicle. Report any additional damage found when stripping the vehicle.
- Report accurately and correctly all components, materials, consumables and hours used on each vehicle repair, keeping wastage of all material and consumables to a minimum and placing orders for replacement parts. Keep work area clean, tidy and free from hazards.
- Interpret and implement technical instruction data.
- Ensure alignment equipment is used accurately on all repairs.
- Carry out all repairs according to best practice procedures. Complete assigned jobs with the estimated repair times. Meet acceptable safety and quality standards.
- Check the condition and ensure the correct maintenance of tools, equipment and other materials.
- Undertake all other tasks and activities as requested by the Bodyshop Manager.
Skills for the job