We are an independent residential children’s home looking after children and young people with learning difficulties. Our mission is to create opportunities for them to experience the joys of life whilst growing skills they need to thrive.
We offer more than a job - it's the opportunity to transform the lives of children while releasing your own potential and embarking on an exciting career path.
- An excellent hourly rate from £12.00 - £13.15 weekdays and £13.59 to £14.90 at weekends depending on qualifications and experience.
- A daily fuel allowance of £3 per day towards the cost of travelling to and from work.
- 28 days holiday together with an extra paid day off on your birthday (additional days added with long service)
- A 40-hour week worked over 4 days.
- Employee assistance programme covering 24/7 GP appointments, counselling, and discounted gym memberships.
- Free in-house training leading to a L3 Diploma in Residential Childcare.
- Company pension scheme.
- Blue light card!
- Ensuring the children are always kept safe.
- Maintaining a homely environment in the house.
- Taking the children on fun activities.
- Teaching the children valuable life skills.
- Ensuring the children maintain strong and positive relationships with their friends and families.
- Good communication skills.
- A fun-loving attitude!
- A caring and thoughtful nature.
- Able to work shifts at weekends and bank holidays.
- Willingness to learn and gain qualifications.
- Live within a 40-minute drive of Mayfield.
- Have a driving licence.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK.
Does this sound like a job for you? If so we would love to hear from you. You don't need qualifications or prior experience as long as you have the personal qualities to work as part of our team.
If you care, you can!
Check out PJL our socials here!