Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Project Engineer
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid working available.
London Gatwick is more than just a workplace. We are a community of innovators, problem solvers, and achievers, united by our passion for pushing boundaries and overcoming challenges. If you're looking for a career that combines the thrill of the full project life cycle, and a commitment to work-life balance, then look no further. Here at London Gatwick no two projects are the same, the only thing that is consistent is the location. We have a variety of diverse projects to keep you challenged, all on one site; and due to continued growth have plenty of complex and interesting projects on the horizon. As a Project Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to work on ground-breaking projects that will shape the future of London Gatwick.
Your ideas will be valued, and your contributions will have a lasting impact on our organisation and our passengers. Your role is pivotal in leading the design of strategically important projects for London Gatwick, ensuring that design meets projects requirements, whilst achieving real value for money. This role involves every stage of the project process from business case to handover. What is the role?
Reporting into the Senior Project Engineer/Programme Design Manager, you'll play a key role in the Construction team to define scope and work with designers and stakeholders to ensure delivery aligns with assured design and facilitate handover of the project to the operation..
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Developing project scope to meet the business needs along with delivering effective design management on individual projects including controlling design change during execution of the project
- Seeking cost effective design solutions and managing external design consultants including challenging designers when necessary
- Assist the delivery team to ensure the projects are delivered with quality, on time, to budget and safe for everyone involved.
- Working with multiple stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects.
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Experience in engineering design or design management on large infrastructure projects, or multi-year programmes with typically values in excess of £5m
- An understanding of the importance of controlling and managing the project close out and handover process
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something everyday other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick