To be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Quantity Surveyor
The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid opportunities available
As a Quantity Surveyor at London Gatwick you will have the opportunity to work on the full project life cycle, surrounded by knowledgeable people, with one goal; to deliver what matters to our passengers. You'll be joining an innovative team, encouraged to think outside the box and trusted to deliver complex projects, utilising your surveying and problem-solving skills. Supported by a collaborative team, in a professional, fast paced environment where the importance of a work life balance is recognised; we believe that the best ideas come from a happy and fulfilled team. Our flexible schedules and supportive culture ensure that you have the freedom to excel both professionally and personally. Whether you are looking for a move client side, or are ready for a new challenge, we want to hear from you. What is the role?
Reporting into the Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will play a key role in the Construction team, responsible for developing and maintaining cost plans and cost estimates for smaller projects (typically up to £10 million), or support a Senior Quantity Surveyor with larger value projects. You will work on projects from inception through to completion.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Managing project budget, ensuring value for money
- Managing all contract communication including Early Warnings, Project Managers Instructions and Compensation Events, and accepting/rejecting Contractors Notifications
- Managing disputes/potential disputes through negotiation, collaborative working, and escalation
- Supporting the tendering and evaluation process including selection of appropriate procurement strategy and contract, and production of pre-tender estimates
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience in a cost engineer, contract management or commercial role within the construction or infrastructure sectors working on projects typically in excess of £1 million
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering, construction, or business-related field
- Full working knowledge and understanding in using web-based contract management tools (e.g. Cemar)
- Thorough understanding of NEC suite of contracts, and associated contract administration and negotiations
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something everyday other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site: Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick