Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Programme Commercial Manager
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid working available.
As a Programme Commercial Manager at London Gatwick, you'll have the unique opportunity to be part of the growth and development of one of the world's busiest airports. In this role, you'll be instrumental in the implementation and delivery of effective cost and commercial processes for a programme of projects, of typical value between £50m and £150m. Working across the full project lifecycle alongside skilled and knowledgeable teams throughout the construction department. At London Gatwick, we are proud innovators and support our people to achieve their goals in a flexible and forward-thinking environment. A positive work-life balance is not just a nice to have for our colleagues, but something we encourage to ensure everyone can flourish.
Our teams do something every day other airports only dream of. What is the role?
Reporting into the Lead Commercial Manager, you will play a key role in the team, responsible for all cost and commercial aspects of a programme, ensuring that all performance targets are met, if not exceeded.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Leading and managing the programme's commercial team across multiple projects with values in excess of £50m. Motivating, mentoring and coaching the team to achieve their best
- Leading the development and maintenance of accurate project cost plans and cost estimates throughout the project lifecycle
- Leading the management of the programme budget, ensuring value for money and validation of costs
- Leading the administration of contracts for design and construction, ensuring suppliers deliver in accordance with requirements
- Leading the close-out of all projects within the programme, including the development and implementation of project close-out plan(s)
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in diverse projects from inception to completion whilst working alongside multiple internal and external stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering, business or construction related field
- Membership of a professionally recognised cost organisation such as RICS
- Experience as a Commercial Manager/Senior Quantity Surveyor on multi-year programmes/projects with a value typically in excess of £50m in a relevant industry
- Experience of leading, mentoring and developing teams
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something every day other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site: Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick