Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- (EBSA and Learning Mentor)
- NJC GRADE 6, points 9 -12 - £25,119 - £26,421 (£19,740 - £20,763 pro rata)
- Term Time Only plus INSET Days
- 33.75 hours per week (unpaid break and lunch) 8.00 am – 3.35 pm
Flexible working may be considered
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and conscientious practitioner to develop or embed their skills and knowledge in working with students both remotely and face-to-face.
This role refers an IT proficient person to deliver remote and face-to-face interventions and support to students who are long term absent or struggling with SEMH needs presenting as emotional based school avoidance (EBSA).
Their support must fulfil the requirements of the EHCPs (Education, Health & Care Plans) and internal Personal Programmes.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive environment
- The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
- A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
- Free well-being and medical support cover
- The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
- Free use of our brand new fitness suite
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or obtained from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Completed applications should be sent to Mr Panayiotou, Executive Headteacher, at the address above or emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 18 February 2024 at 9am - an early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if sufficient suitable applications are received.
Interviews will be held 23 February 2024.
NOTE FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: We prefer to hire people directly but we do have a preferred supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We will be in touch if we need you.
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check.
This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. We may also complete online searches as part of due diligence and safeguarding checks. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
South Downs Education Trust (SDET) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Worthing High School & Clapham and Patching C of E Primary school are part of SDET, which is an academy trust and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
- We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools