Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Risk Manager
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid working available
Join London Gatwick's team as a Risk Manager at the world's most efficient single runway airport and you'll be a key player in managing risks across construction programmes, and helping us to deliver against our ambitious strategic goals. You'll be part of our exciting journey supporting a significant investment plan to enhance and develop our airport infrastructure.
Experience that Airport buzz everyday by coming to work at London Gatwick. Join our team and be part of a growing organisation where you can utilise your skills whilst constantly learning. The variety of projects means there is always a new challenge, a new problem to solve and a new innovative way of working. What is the role
Reporting to the Lead Commercial Manager, you'll take the lead in risk management for construction. Defining and implementing efficient risk management processes across high value projects, focusing on time and cost, and striving for continuous improvement while following best practices.
This is a varied role, working across multiple projects, which will see you creating standardised processes for analysing cost and time risks in a consistent manner, incorporating statistical methods when required, and aligning with best practices based on project size and complexity. You'll provide clear risk assessment templates, ensuring uniformity across all projects, allowing for customisation where needed.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Leading lessons learned workshops with project teams and stakeholders when projects are completed. You'll document findings, and help project teams find other insights from previous projects, sharing essential insights across the Construction Team
- Supporting the wider Commercial Management Teams in the facilitation of focussed risk workshops to identify key project risks, mitigation strategies, likelihoods and impacts
- Helping the broader Commercial Management Team, by performing statistical analyses of project time and cost teams. You'll then help project teams interpret the results, for use in business cases.
- Working alongside the Lead Commercial Manager, you'll identify and report departmental wide risks and help find mitigation strategies.
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple internal and external stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
- Significant previous experience in risk management in the capital projects area
- Demonstrable knowledge of using statistical methods and tools to calculate cost and time risk distributions on construction projects
What's in it for you?
- Experience in presenting complex data in a manner that is easy to understand by a non-technical audience.
- Good stakeholder management and facilitation skills.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate and present complex ideas in a simple way, including to senior stakeholders.
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something every day other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick