Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Programme Construction Manager (Sustainability)
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. This role is office and site based
As a Programme Construction Manager (Sustainability) at London Gatwick, you'll be a pivotal part of London Gatwick's journey towards Net Zero emissions by 2030. This ambitious objective, driven by our shareholders and with the full backing of our business, was publicised earlier this year and is a demonstration of London Gatwick's commitment to sustainable aviation.
This will be an exciting and diverse programme of work, which will see you working alongside the Programme Manager (Sustainability) and overseeing construction activities on this very large and strategically important programme of work.
You'll lead on a wide a range of interconnected Mechanical Engineering focused projects. The programme includes workstreams that will achieve campus decarbonisation, reduced water use, infrastructure for electric vehicles, renewable energy and reduced energy use which must all be delivered in a live operational environment. What is the role?
Reporting into the Programme Manager (Sustainability), you will play a key role in supervising construction activities, which involve substantial, strategically important projects, some valued at over £100 million. You'll lead on construction activities for multiple projects within a defined programme of work, in a live operational setting.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Establishing standards, manging, motivating, coaching and mentoring team members
- Conducting regular safety activities that will deliver best in class health, safety and environmental standards, such as safety tours, inspections and performance reporting for projects and associated contractors.
- Reviewing contractor Construction, Design & Management (CDM), and Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) submissions, including construction phase plans, risk assessments, method statements and work permits, for compliance with approved plans.
- Uncovering and finding solutions to challenges and risks throughout the programme, highlighting these to contractors, and making sure project timelines stay on track and the airport continues to operate smoothly without disruptions.
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience as a Construction Manager or equivalent on complex multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects or multi-year programmes of engineering works with a value typically in excess of £50m in a relevant industry in a live operations environment.
- Previous experience leading direct teams and contractors.
- Previous experience of multiple, interfacing and concurrent projects.
- Experience of addressing Health, Safety & Environmental issues associated with the Construction industry.
- Excellent understanding and experience in quality management.
- Expert level stakeholder management (up to board level) and communication skills, you will have demonstrable examples of open communication, managing sometimes conflicting expectations, and keeping internal and external stakeholders informed.
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something everyday other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick