Our vision is to be the airport for everyone, whatever your journey Airport Security OfficerSalary including shift pay and allowances up to £36,218 per annum
(subject to working our variable shift roster and full-time hours - 40per week on average)
The shifts for this roster are provided 2 weeks in advance, but it does provide the highest pay!
Other rosters may be available please apply and discuss your preference for hours worked at interview stage
As an Airport Security Officer at London Gatwick, your primary goal is to work as part of a team to keep our customers and colleagues safe and secure. You will play an important role in enhancing the customer experience by providing a warm and welcoming environment.
Airport Security Officers ensure our safety and security by conducting searches, safety checks, and assisting customers and colleagues throughout their airport experience.
This is a great opportunity to start your journey with London Gatwick, many of our people have developed themselves to pursue opportunities in security leadership and other teams across the business. What will you do?
Upon successful completion of training and National X-Ray Competency Test exams, you will:
What di we need?
- Work collaboratively within a team and various airport departments to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Verify documents and perform security screening and searching for both customers, colleagues and vehicles entering the security controlled areas.
- Utilise colour X-Ray images in both 2D and 3D to screen customer and colleague belongings.
- Assist in handling health, safety, or security incidents.
- Participate in regular training sessions to maintain screening and searching competencies in accordance with the Department for Transport (DfT) regulations.
We are seeking people with the following qualities:
What's in it for you?
- Ability to provide friendly customer service in a high-pressure environment.
- Physical fitness; able to stand, sit, bend, and walk for the durations of a shift.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a busy operational environment.
- Full colour vision and hearing that meets our standards.
- UK residency of three years with the right to work in the UK.
- You will be required to undergo pre-employment medical, criminal record, and counter-terrorism checks.
In addition to a competitive salary, our employees enjoy a variety of personal, health, and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme.
- Opportunities for personal development
- Discounts at high street shops and restaurants.
- Healthcare scheme.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Discounted rail travel.
- Paid volunteer days.
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equality and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to begin your application Here's the next steps in the process so you know what to expect:
After you enter your personal details, you will be asked 6 questions relating to the role and right to work in the UK - these are yes/no answers and provide a little more information about the role of an Airport Security Officer.
If you answer these correctly you will be taken to an online interview. This is interactive and text based, like having a WhatsApp conversation, designed to help us understand a little more about your suitability for the role.
Within just a few days, successful candidates will receive a telephone call to confirm interest which may be followed by a face 2 face interview conducted by our recruitment partner One Resourcing at their offices in Crawley.
After the face 2 face interview an offer of employment will be made to all candidates who successfully pass all 4 elements of the process.
Please note start dates may not be for several months due to training capacity.