Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Programme Planning Manager
The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid available
We are searching for a gifted Programme Planning Manager to join the world's most efficient single runway airport. As part of a collaborative team, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the delivery of a substantial investment plan, aimed at developing and enhancing our airport infrastructure and facilities.
You'll be instrumental to our airport's future success, working closely with our Programme Manager to achieve the strategic aims and objectives of the business. Your primary focus will be on developing, implementing, and delivering effective planning and assurance processes across a programme of projects typically valued between £100 million and £150 million. What is the role?
Reporting to the Lead Planning Manager, you'll take a key role leading on the planning of projects across all stages of their lifecycle, from concept approval to delivery and close out. Your mission, to make sure performance targets are not just met but surpassed consistently and on time.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Creating and maintaining schedules for the entire project journey, including internal and external interfaces. This will include managing of the control programmes from project concept to closeout, managing contract program evaluations, assessing compensation events, conducting delay analysis and helping to drive schedule improvements through to our supply chain
- Playing a major role in leading and managing planning teams for the programme. You'll expertly apply your knowledge and skills across multiple projects, to help us achieve our strategic goals.
- Helping the planning team grow by contributing to the development of standards, managing, motivating, coaching and mentoring team members. You'll be excited about helping talent individuals reach their potential.
- Reviewing the Programme, assisting in trend and change processes, reporting, risk management and finding ways to be more efficient that might positively affect programme outcomes and your teams' performance.
- Continuously developing and upholding world class health, safety, and environmental standards across the programme and its contractors. Our aim is to achieve health, safety and environmental excellence.
The live environment at Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. You'll have the opportunity to be significantly involved in delivering the strategic objectives of projects, as well as the opportunity to take the lead of your own projects from inception to completion. In addition, this role requires:
What do I get?
- Previous experience planning infrastructure projects as a Senior Planner on multi-year programmes within the construction or infrastructure sectors working on projects/programmes typically in excess of £50 million.
- Previous experience leading small teams.
- Extensive experience of Primavera P6 and related commercial acumen
- Demonstrable experience of communicating with a wide range of stakeholders to explain complex or abstract ideas in a straightforward way.
- Proven leadership and influencing skills, along with the ability to motivate, coach, facilitate, and create learning opportunities for others.
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; where our teams do something every day that other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with Gatwick