At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is looking for a Global Engagement Pilot to be based out of Gatwick.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. Be a part of a team that is at the leading edge of flight safety, flight training and flight operations.
As a Global Engagement Pilot you will have the opportunity to work with professionals from across the industry and positively impact safety and operations of Boeing flight operations and those of our customers world-wide. In this high visibility position you will interact with pilots, managers, regulators, executives, peers, supporting team personnel, and Subject Matter Experts.
The Pilot Services Team is responsible for providing extensive customer engagement with the goal of enhancing flight operations safety and enhancing the use of Boeing products. The Pilot Services Team serves as a representative of the Boeing Company for industry and regulatory engagement. There will be occasional opportunities to act as pilot-in-command on flights, and to deploy to customers in an instructor capacity. The role requires FAA ATP or EASA ATPL, or other international equivalent, and extensive airline training experience.
This position will travel 50% of the time.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with key industry stakeholders, regulatory authorities, industry bodies, peers, partners and direct reports
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals
- Performs and manages activities to develop and conduct familiarization, qualification, standardization, flight and ground instruction for company and customer aircrew
- Demonstrated the highest standards of crew resource management in the operation of aircraft
- Manages, mentors, develops, and evaluates pilots performing aircrew duties, including activities to prepare for and conduct safe flight operations
- Operates Boeing and customer aircraft as Pilot in Command and Instructor
- Experience presenting to all levels of management
- Current FAA ATP or EASA ATPL or other international equivalent
- Current FAA or EASA First Class Medical certificate or international equivalent
- Minimum 5000 hours total flight time in a public transport category aircraft
- Minimum 1000 hours of flight instructor time
- Current B737, B787 or B777 type rating
- Experience as a FAA Part 121 Airline Instructor Pilot and/or Line Check Airman, or International equivalent
- Possession of a passport or the ability to obtain one and travel both domestically and international
- Capable of traveling 50% of the time
- International and transoceanic flight experience
- Experience with MS Office
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Management experience
This vacancy is for an international, locally hired position in Gatwick. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll, and will commensurate with experience and qualifications and in accordance with applicable local law. Employment is subject to the candidates’ ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Export Control Requirements: This is an export control position.
Export Control Details: Non – US based job
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from candidates with disabilities. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process. Accommodations may include but are not limited to: conducting interviews in accessible locations that accommodate mobility needs, encouraging candidates to bring and use any existing assistive technology such as screen readers and offering flexible interview formats such as virtual or phone interviews.