We have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the West Sussex Care Delivery Service leadership team.
The post holder will be responsible for the professional governance of medical staff in the Coastal area of West Sussex and play a key role in medical engagement in service development in the area.
The post holder will agree a 6 session clinical role within West Sussex. Main duties of the job
You will work with other professional leads in West Sussex and join the Care Delivery Service board meetings. You will become a member of the medical leadership group and will work closely with both teams to ensure we are delivering excellent care in North West Sussex. Working for our organisation
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in West Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
You will be part of a friendly and supportive CDS team that consists of Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.Person specificationEssential and desirableEssential criteria
- MRCPsych or equivalent medical qualification
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, or management
- Experience of having worked in a leadership or management role in a healthcare setting
- Experience of having managed or led psychiatrists (e.g. managing doctors in difficulty, job planning).
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.