Sussex CAMHS paediatric mental health Liaison Services have an exciting opportunity for two new permanent, Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Consultant Psychiatrists
to join their newly enhanced paediatric mental health liaison teams. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in prioritising the delivery of a safe, effective and caring service to those children and young people (0yrs-18yrs).
This job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to (up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal: https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
The service we provide is in line with NICE Evidenced Based Treatment for those children and young people. You will provide high quality specialist clinical assessments and consultations for to children, young people and their families in an Acute Hospital Setting, working collaboratively with other members of the team and the Acute hospital staff to plan and deliver appropriate individually tailored treatment plans. The post will be based in the Royal Alexandra Children's Hospital in Brighton and will also provide sessions to Hospitals in West Sussex.
You will work as part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team. This post will work alongside other Consultants and Specialty Doctors who work in Sussex CAMHS. You will also be part of a Trust wide consultant network where there are opportunities to liaise with colleagues in other posts throughout the Trust and develop peer networks. You will also see consultant peers at regular division meetings in the locality and at clinical governance meetings.Working for our organisation
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
Also, if you haven't thought about living and working in Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- London is also within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Sussex Partnership is committed to people participation, meaning that we involve patients and their carers and supporters, in service decision-making and planning. You will be expected to contribute to this shared value and to support the functioning of this service in the delivery of its participation strategy.Detailed job description and main responsibilities
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. For more information please see our contact details below!
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.Person specificationQualificationsEssential criteria
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential criteria
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Approved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.