Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Project Manager (Minor Works)
Compensation: The salary for this role has not been advertised, however, we promise you won't be disappointed. If you want to know more detail, our recruitment team will be able to advise - please contact them on 0330 053 2129.
40 hours, Monday - Friday. Hybrid working available
From concept to execution, as a Project Manager (Minor Works), you'll have the opportunity to lead multiple projects delivering a significant investment plan and aimed at improving and expanding our airport infrastructure and facilities.
Supported by knowledgeable colleagues, this Project Manager role will involve the technical, commercial and financial management of a range of projects focused on minor works. The sheer variety of projects you can get involved in, means there is always a new challenge, a new problem to solve and a new innovative way of working.
If you're looking for a career that combines the thrill of the full project life cycle, and a commitment to work-life balance, then look no further. What is the role?
Reporting into the Programme Manager / Senior Project Manager, you'll take projects from start to finish, including defining what needs to be done, estimating costs, creating plans, keeping things on schedule and managing budgets.
Other duties include:
What are we looking for?
- Leading the smooth transfer of the project to the relevant departments ensuring Airport Operational Readiness planning and activities are in place
- Continuously developing and upholding world class health, safety, and environmental standards across projects and associated contractors. Our aim is to achieve health, safety and environmental excellence.
- Uncovering and finding solutions to challenges and risks throughout the projects, highlighting these to contractors, and making sure project timelines stay on track and the airport continues to operate smoothly without disruptions
- Direct the design phase, ensuring the scope is aligning with business needs and supporting project goals. Oversee design consultants, confirming designs meet expectations, and find safe and cost-efficient solutions.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure design assets requirements are in place for both design and construction contracts
The live environment at London Gatwick requires all our teams to have a flexible and adaptable approach, with problem solving skills and an innovative outlook. Involved in projects from inception to completion you will work alongside multiple stakeholders. In addition, this role requires:
What's in it for you?
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager within the construction, retail or infrastructure sectors, managing similar projects in excess of £1 million. You could have been working client side, as a contractor or consultant.
- Qualified to practitioner level in project management (e.g., APMP Project Management Qualification or PRINCE2 Practitioner)
- Experiencing handling several projects at the same time, especially when they need to work together or overlap in some way
- Demonstrable experience operating in a safety critical environment, with an understanding of how to drive safe outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a simple way to multiple stakeholders
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another; Where our teams do something every day other airports only dream of. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
To find out more about what it's like to work at London Gatwick, visit our careers site Careers | Grow your career with Gatwick Airport LGW
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click apply to start your career with London Gatwick