Health in Mind is a Talking Therapies for Anxiety & Depression Service (TTAD) that offers a full range of TTAD compliant therapies and job roles. As a service we offer Psychological support for people presenting with mild to moderate anxiety disorders and depression. Please see our website for further information on https://www.healthinmind.org.uk/.
We are recruiting a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor to join our team, who is accredited with the BACP/UKCP and who holds additional NHSTT training in one of the following therapies
Counselling for depression (CFD)
Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT)
Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Couples Therapy for Depression (CTFD)
If you are an accredited Counsellor who has not completed and NHSTT specific modality training you may be eligible for a Band 6 Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in development where you will be offered the opportunity to train in one of the above modalities. Once training is complete you would then progress to a Band 7 Psychotherapeutic Counsellor role.
This is a full time role (37.5hrs a week) though we will consider applications from those that wish to work more than 3 days or flexibly.
Our service covers the whole of East Sussex (with the exception of Brighton and Hove) and the successful applicant will be assigned to the West area (Havens, Lewes & High Weald). One weekday evening until 8pm is required.Main duties of the job
To work as a member of the clinical service/ team, providing a high quality, specialist psychological therapy service to clients, their families or carers.
The role includes:
- Offering therapeutic interventions to a range of clients with depression related problems, including those who present with more complex issues.
- To offer Counselling either Face to face, via online platform or telephone as required.
- Delivering initial assessments to assess for suitability for accessing treatment within the service and formulating what treatment would be most appropriate to support their needs.
Working for our organisationThe client's experience of our service is very important to us
- Offering clinical supervision to counsellors and trainees
- Contributing to and taking responsibility for local service systems and developments under the guidance of the local clinical lead.
. We work towards supporting clients in their recovery by offering evidence-based therapy with therapists who receive regular and supportive supervision and regular CPD. We promote service user involvement
. Health in Mind has a Service User Steering Group which provides valuable input to our service design and delivery. We care about our staff
. We have a staff-wellbeing-champions team, and are committed to staff engagement. We know that for our clinicians to do a good job they need to feel supported. There is opportunity for varied and flexible working patterns and these can be discussed in the interview. We are keen for our clinicians to grow. We aim to offer staff individual appraisals with the opportunity to become involved in a range of activities, such as group-based interventions, teaching, supervision and service developmentDetailed job description and main responsibilities
For full details of the role and responsibilities please see attached job descriptions for the Band 7 and Band 6 Role.Person specificationQualificationsEssential criteria
- Recognised/accredited postgraduate level training in a psychological therapy as specified in the appendix.
- Professionally registered as specified in the Appendix
- Substantial post-qualification/accreditation experience of specialist psychological therapy (assessment, formulation and treatment), as specified in Appendix below maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- A high level of competence in applying a psychological therapy to complex difficulties appropriate for this therapy with the client group, and a proven track record of delivering positive outcomes in this therapy
- Experience of offering teaching, training and supervision within a demanding organisational context
- A clear and theoretically informed approach to supervision
- Experience of representing psychological therapy within the context of multi-disciplinary care within a complex organisational context.
- Significant experience of working with the particular client group served by the team/service
- Knowledge of guidance and legislation in relation to the client group
- A high level specialist knowledge of the theory and practice of specialist psychological therapy as specified in the appendix, as applied to the client group using this service
- Experience of the application of psychological therapy in different cultural contexts and experience of working within a multicultural framework.
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.