In need of a work-life rebalance? Looking for no weekends or on call? Have a passion for transforming frailty services?
We have three exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and forward-thinking consultants to join us in the development and delivery of community services in Sussex.
We are looking for Consultant Geriatricians who will provide senior leadership and oversight into our Intermediate Care Unit (ICU) inpatient services and are offering a brilliant opportunity to design a job and a service that would suit your modern career aspirations. If you want to make a difference to patients at the interface of primary and acute secondary care, are committed to multidisciplinary working and would like to embrace the delivery of good quality medical care, free from acute hospital-based pressures, on-call commitments and obstacles to work/life balance - join us.
Our Consultant Geriatrician roles can be based in any of the following areas:
East Sussex - Crowborough, Uckfield & Lewes ICUs,
West Sussex - Arundel, Bognor, Worthing - Salvington Lodge, Rustington - Zachary Merton, Horsham Kleinwort and Crawley ICUs.Main duties of the job
It's an exciting time to be joining Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, with a Community Beds Optimisation project underway looking at making the best use of community beds across all our ICUs. The post will sit alongside colleagues in our Adult Services directorate which is focusing on advancing our frailty services across the ICUs, Urgent Community Response (UCR) and Virtual Wards (VW). You will also be joining a wider friendly team of community consultants working in community child health, palliative and rehabilitation medicine, diabetology and respiratory medicine.About us
Why work for us?
Job description Job responsibilities
- Flexible working patterns
- Opportunities for remote or hybrid working - at home or from other SCFT sites across Sussex
- A majority of Monday to Friday roles with no weekends or on-call rota
- Opportunities to work within multi-professional teams
- The chance to join our thriving medical appraiser and GMC Recognised Trainer numbers
- Mentorship and Coaching
- Study leave and dedicated study leave budget (currently £850 per annum)
- Regular learning and development opportunities with the wider medical and dental team
- Research opportunities - SCFT is consistently placed in the top ten for research activity in Care Trusts in England
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- We are proud to be a Level 3 accredited Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces.
- We are proud to be a Veteran Aware Trust, achieving accreditation from Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA)
- Located in stunning Sussex, with easy access to the South Downs and the coast.
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff.
Please see attached job description and person specification for full details.
Applicants must have valid registration with the GMC and a License to Practice and be on the Specialist Register for Geriatric Medicine or be within 6 months of being admitted to the Register at the time of interview.
Interview Date: Tuesday 19th March 2024.Person Specification Qualifications and Professional Registration Essential
- Basic Medical Degree
- Full GMC Registration and Licence to Practice
- Certificate of Completion of Training in Geriatric Medicine or equivalent and Inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register (or within 6 months at time of interview)
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Experience in the field of Adult Safeguarding
- Experience of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training
- Experience of Quality Improvement Activity
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Evidence of caring attitude towards patients and carers
- Ability to work successfully in a multi professional/disciplinary team and across organisational boundaries
- Ability to manage own time and workload and prioritise clinical work
- Ability to appraise own performance, demonstrate insight and act on feedback
- Demonstrable management, leadership and motivational skills
- Understanding of the role of governance in ensuring high quality care and safe practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer details Employer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Address
Intermediate Care Units
See Advert Details
BN2 3EWEmployer's website
https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ (Opens in a new tab)