Job RequirementsTo be the airport for everyone whatever your journey Airport Duty Engineer The Opportunity:
Are you our next Airport Duty Engineer. We are looking for someone who can help us redefine what's possible for are our Engineering team.
As part of our 'Grow with Gatwick' initiative you'll be provided with plenty of training and support to ensure you're developing and growing your career. What's the role?
Forms a part of the Engineering Control Centre to support customers with work safely and efficiently at Gatwick inline with SOPs. Manage and coordinate the onsite response to both planned and reactive maintenance and emergencies. What you'll be doing?
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Control engineer for the GAL/UKPNS (up to 33kV) electrical distribution network for Gatwick.
- Coordinates permits and work requests while on shift (including electrical, confined spaces, hot works, etc.) inline with policy and regulation.
- Maintains the availability of Engineering services and main utilities while on shift to ensure an effective engineering solution is provided to support a stable operation.
- Works with the emergency services to provide engineering expert advice during periods of need.
- Authorises safe systems of work and contractor management systems.
- Operates engineering systems including fire alarms, BMS, HVAC and pump station faults, prevents pollution, etc.
What's it like to work here?
- Specific experience of health and safety related standards and regulations typically involving the security of airport facilities.
- Inspiring leadership abilities in a fast paced operational environment
- Good working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work and regulatory and statutory compliance (e.g. electrical , confined spaces, hot works, etc.)
- Working knowledge of all aspects of engineering relating to the operation of an airport environment
- Strong understanding and proven experience in a relevant engineering discipline
We prioritise the professional growth of our employees and provide opportunities for people to continue their journey through ongoing development and support along with a total reward package that recognises your contribution.
We are committed to reflecting the diversity of our local community and the passengers we serve. We value an environment where everyone feels comfortable, respected, and empowered to be their authentic selves. As an equitable, diverse, and inclusive employer, we encourage different perspectives that redefine what's possible. Together, we form a strong and united team.
If you are ready to make a difference and begin your journey with London Gatwick, click "Apply"
to submit your application.