- School: Peacehaven Community School Salary: £12.51 p/hour (plus holiday pay) Casual Contract
We are looking to appoint a casual Examinations Invigilator for various exam periods to help to supervise the conduct of students in examinations at Peacehaven Community School.
Hours of work will be notified in advance by the Examinations Officer.
Successful candidates may be required to read and scribe for students; therefore, applicants should have a good level of literacy, with at least a C grade at GCSE English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Experience of working in a busy environment would be beneficial. However, full training will be provided.
Joining our team
Peacehaven Community School is a research-engaged, innovative educational institution within the Swale Academies Trust, dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience for our students. We are delighted that you are considering joining our talented team of teachers, leaders and support staff. At PCS, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and supportive working environment, where every staff member can thrive and contribute to our shared mission of nurturing the potential of every student. We are a fully inclusive school with a special facility for students with SCLN and ASC and we believe that all students, irrespective of their starting points, can flourish. Our nurturing and challenging learning environment transforms lives and empowers our students to aspire, believe, contribute, and achieve greatness.
Why choose Peacehaven Community School?
1. Excellent Working Conditions: At Peacehaven Community School, we use quantitative measurements of working conditions and research on teacher motivation to optimise our teachers’ working environment and identify areas that have the greatest impact on teacher wellbeing. By focusing on data-driven insights, we maximise teacher efficiency and foster a positive workplace.
2. Career Opportunities: We understand the correlation between job satisfaction and career progression (Sims, 2018). As such, we provide every staff member, regardless of role, with bespoke career development opportunities. Being part of the Swale Academies Trust enables us to offer an even greater range of opportunities, as we regularly offer promotions across schools for the benefit of our teachers and students.
3. Supportive Leadership: Our warm, welcoming, and evidence-informed leadership team recognises the crucial role leadership quality plays in teacher job satisfaction. By living our values every day, we provide unwavering support to our teachers.
4. Collaborative Staff Community: Our systems and structures ensure staff members have regular opportunities to engage with their department and colleagues from other departments, fostering a strong sense of community and collaboration.
5. Professional Learning and Development: Our evidence-based CPD programme, recognised as a best practice example at national conferences, is integrated with flexible working arrangements to give staff autonomy over their time and support their professional growth.
6. Research-Engaged School: We pride ourselves on our evidence-based approach to education, where we are publishing research to support others to better understand research engagement in schools. By joining our team, you will be part of a school that values objectivity and actively engages in educational research.
7. Ideal Location: Peacehaven Community School is situated just a 10-minute walk from the seafront, a 15-minute drive from Brighton and is surrounded by the South Downs, offering an excellent local environment for our staff.
8. Outstanding Facilities: Built in 2001, our school boasts state-of-the-art facilities and resources for staff and students. With an on-site leisure centre, our teachers enjoy access to excellent amenities for their well-being and work-life balance.
This school is also committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS check and the post may be offered only on receipt of two good references.
Join us to benefit from:
- Friendly and supportive school environment; Be part of a highly successful Trust; CPD opportunities; Local Government Pension Scheme – with a generous employer contribution; Employee Assistance Programme – Wellbeing and advice; Ride to Work Scheme; Employee Referral Recruitment Incentive;
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Mark Hughes for an informal discussion. email@example.com and 01273 581100.
Completed application forms should be sent to April Stevens (Office and Media Manager) or Liz Fulker (Lead Admin Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Peacehaven Community School, Greenwich Way, Peacehaven East Sussex BN10 8RB. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please contact email@example.com or 01795 905989 (option 2)
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: 1st March 2024
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure