Job overview8A Practitioner Psychologist (1WTE) or Psychological Therapist (CBT or other)
Adult Mental Health in Hastings Assessment and Treatment Service (ATS)
An opportunity is available to join a progressive, dynamic team within the well-established and highly regarded multi-disciplinary ATS team in Hastings. The ATS delivers specialist support and clinical interventions to adults with severe and complex mental health difficulties. This post provides a great and exciting opportunity for someone seeking to develop the psychological therapies offer within the ATS.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVIDMain duties of the job
The post holder will support the provision of a high quality, specialist applied psychological therapies to clients, their families or carers, where there are highly complex presentations and receive specialist supervision. They will support in the delivery of a group programme with opportunities to influence and develop this programme. They will also provide consultation and supervision to non-qualified and qualified staff and deliver training. The role includes supporting the wider ATS team with psychological formulation and support groups as well as opportunities for service development in keeping with the NHS England long term plan. They will utilise research skills for audit, service development and research within the area and contribute to monitoring the clinical outcomes and impact of the service.
We welcome applications from those who wish to work on a flexible/part time basis and on a preceptorship optionWorking for our organisation
Applications are welcome from experienced qualified psychologists and psychological therapists with specialist knowledge and skills of working with severe and enduring mental health difficulties such as complex trauma, psychosis and personality difficulties. Experience of CBT, family interventions, Cognitive Analytic Therapy or other evidence based interventions would be welcomed.Detailed job description and main responsibilities
This role will receive supervision from a 8b Clinical Psychologist with support from the wider PPT. There will be opportunities for specialist supervision. The role is located on the seafront in Hastings. A car is not essential as the post is accessible from the train station and transport routes are available. However there is car parking available. This role is a great opportunity for someone interested in working in adult services wanting to develop different presentations and think about gaining further experience in different areas. The role will include providing specialist therapy to different client groups, supporting the community team developing team formulations, staff support, group programme as well as opportunities for service development. Person specificationTRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential criteria
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained before 1996 or outside the UK*] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology. *For forensic psychologists working in forensic settings: Masters degree (with the award of the British Psychological Society qualification in forensic psychology or equivalent)
- Pre-qualification training and qualifications in research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of Applied Psychology.
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- CBT therapist accredited with the BABCP
- experience and able to demonstrate further specialist training/ experience through having received a minimum of 50 hours clinical supervision of working as a practitioner psychologist over a minimum of 18 months, or an alternative agreed by the Director of Psycholog
- Specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across the full range of care settings, including outpatient, CMHT, primary care and inpatient settings
- Experience of representing psychology within the context of multi-disciplinary care.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan
- Experience of teaching, training and/or professional and clinical supervision
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.