L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Procurement & Supply Chain Year in Industry Placement 2024 - 2025 Crawley
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
Job Code: 8020
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Crawley specialise in technology and systems to enable quality pilot training from distance learning systems applications and maintenance solutions to training devices and full flight simulators, our technology covers the complete training spectrum.
Do you want to help us reshape the future of commercial aviation training & systems?
We’re looking for the next generation who will continue to innovate in our business and deliver to our customers within the aviation industry. Our twelve month placements will see you gaining invaluable experience in the real world. You will be working alongside a fully skilled and experienced team where you will share in the everyday challenges, develop new skills and acquire a fascinating insight into our business. We are welcoming applications for positions in our Procurement & Supply Chain team.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What you’ll bring
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who really want to make the most of a placement year working in a complex, international and fast paced environment, pushing the boundaries of what can be learnt and experienced during a year’s placement. The right candidate will have;
- Enthusiasm to perform to the best of their ability in everything they do and achieve the best result for the company by working in a flexible manner ensure high quality
- Strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines, managing multiple activities at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work towards a common goal as part of a multi-functional team.
- An ability to interface well at all levels within the business.
- Self-motivation with the ability to be innovative and think laterally to resolve issues, challenge working methods, champion change and help develop the function to achieve maximum effectiveness.
- The ability to work proactively and employ initiative to propose new ideas.
- The ability to excel in fast paced deadline oriented environment with high pressure situations, putting in the necessary work to complete the job.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience:
- Must be currently studying for a degree with an aspect of Marketing/Business Management/Sales/Purchasing/IT.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Effective time management skills
- Professional approach
- Driving license is desirable but not essential
We want to hear from the bold and the bright. Make your application stand out, be passionate about yourself and what you do!
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships