Are you a Registered Nurse living in Brighton & Hove or the surrounding area?
If you are looking for the opportunity to work within a highly rated care home with the stability and backing of a large NHS Trust, then we would love to hear from you!
Here at Lindridge we have 3 units offering primarily nursing and end of life care. We deliver excellent patient care in a challenging and motivational workplace with the support of local GPs and Allied Health Professionals. Our aim is to maximise patient care using all resources available, reducing the length of stay and maintaining patient flow and we achieve this by holding a twice weekly board round encompassing all multi-disciplinary teams.
We are offering you an interesting and varied role where you will be working as part of a friendly and welcoming team and where you will get the support that you need to develop your clinical and leadership skills.Main duties of the job
As a Registered Nurse working at Lindridge, you will give care to adults of all ages with complex physical health needs, as well as end of life and dementia care, within a beautifully appointed environment. Our nurses offer a patient centric approach, ensuring the best possible outcomes for people in their care, engaging with other multidisciplinary team members to achieve these outcomes.
You will develop good professional relationships with service users and you will provide nursing care to them in accordance with their assessed needs, maintaining and improving their independence and mobility. You will demonstrate knowledge of relevant professional and organisational statutory legislation and contribute to the ongoing quality of service and care, identifying and promptly reporting any risk issues or other significant factors in relation to the service users' health and social care.
As an integral part of our dedicated team you will act as a role model and mentor for other care staff in respect of day to day activities, maximising their ability in providing a high standard of skilled nursing care and encouraging recognition of the Service User as an Individual.Working for our organisation
Lindridge is a nursing home in the West Hove community of Hangleton, specialising in providing flexible long and short-term care packages which are tailored to support the unique needs of every individual who stays with us. Managed by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, we pride ourselves as being one of the region's premier care home facilities, currently holding one of the top review scores for care homes in Hove on carehome.co.uk.
As a Registered Nurse at Lindridge we can offer you:
Detailed job description and main responsibilitiesREQUIREMENTS
- Excellent induction and supervision programmes
- Ongoing CPD opportunities (e.g. venepuncture, cannulation, catheterisation, symptoms control, syringe driver management)
- Revalidation support
- Flexible working patterns
- Fully paid breaks and discounted meals
- Entitlement to join excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- Free DBS & Uniform
- Access to a host of NHS discount schemes (Blue Light Card)
- On-site parking
- Enhanced pay on Bank Holidays
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
To be successful as a nurse at Lindridge you will be:
- A NMC Registered Nurse
- Genuinely interested in working with older people (rehabilitation and end of life care)
- Comfortable being the primary interface with families and other professional colleagues
It would also be advantageous if you have:
- Experience working with older adults in a care home setting
- Experience in managing, coaching and supporting a team
Flexibility with working patterns to include some weekend and evening work is essential.MAIN DUTIES
See attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate service users' needs.
- To ensure that service user's physical and emotional needs, comfort and dignity are met and maintained and that staff understand these needs and provide appropriate supporting care.
- To advocate for service users with multi-disciplinary team colleagues to ensure that the most effective and agreed care pathways are in place.
- To recognise the legal implications of nursing documentation and to ensure that all records are kept in accordance with both legislative and best practice requirements.
- To manage all aspects of the shift, including medication, care reviews, delivery of rotas.
- To maintain and record service user records accurately and contemporaneously. To carry out any other administrative duties as using both hard copy-based systems and IT systems, including composing and sending Emails and Electronic Care Notes Systems.
- To be able to assess types of wounds and to use various types of wound management products (bandages, tubigrips, primary and secondary dressings, micropore etc.) according to the type of wound, demonstrating an understanding of the ageing process and how it affects functions of the body as a whole.
- To order, receive, store, administer and dispose drugs as necessary and to keep accurate and legible records, ensuring that confidentiality is maintained.
- Ensure effective exchange of information concerning resident care and Home's matters at each shift handover or at any other time during the shift to enhance care delivery.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary agencies in order to provide the best possible package of care for the residents.
Please apply using the link in this advert, or for more information explore the attachments or contact:
Paige Forrest-Royall - Recruitment and Team Administrator: email@example.comPerson specificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential criteria
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Evidence of personal and professional development
- Experience of working with older people
- Knowledge and use of clinical assessment tools e.g. Waterlow
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans
- Experience of working in the care home environment
Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
- Good organisational and supervisory skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Basic IT skills e.g. composing and sending Emails, Electronic Care Notes Systems
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.