Job RequirementsIT Procurement Category Manager Competitive salary, £500 Flex allowance, up to 15% bonus + benefits
Are you a procurement professional with experience providing a strategic relationship to IT projects and stakeholders? Join us as a Category Manager and play a crucial role supporting London Gatwick's procurement strategy.
Reporting to a Procurement Manager, you will provide advice and professional procurement guidance to internal stakeholders. Responsible to, challenge, influence change, and ensure adherence to procurement governance. What is the role?
The primary objective of this role is to support the business to deliver value and achieve our strategic goals through efficient and effective procurement practices.
As Category Manager you will own and lead on the procurement strategy for assigned categories, aligning commercial review and strategic opportunities with business priorities, and running the end-to-end procurement cycle. What will you do?
Do you have what we're looking for?
- Devise clear sourcing strategies for BAU and project commodities
- Prioritise on project urgency and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Lead procurement projects, to achieve the best commercial outcome for London Gatwick whilst minimising risk
- Lead negotiation of contractual requirements for categories of responsibility.
- Ensure contracting remains up to date with business requirements, including inclusion of ESG and DEI values.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the SAP supplier database.
- Lead the implementation of P2P simplification processes.
- Strong strategic procurement experience within IT fields to understand priorities and best practice
- Excellent knowledge of procurement strategy development and execution
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to draft and negotiate contracts to meet significant business objectives and to achieve operational outcomes whilst minimising risk
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills
- Strong analytical skills to identify cost saving opportunities
- Ability to lead complex RFI/P, procurement strategies and negotiations.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and good business acumen, particularly in the context of evaluating business cases and proposals.
- Thrives in a fast pace, challenging and changing environment.
- Experience in delivery of a strategic partnership with business functions
What's it like to work here?
CIPS or willingness to study desirable (equivalent experience will be considered)
Our employees tell us that working here is something special and no day is like another. Along with a competitive salary our employees enjoy a range of personal, health and financial benefits, including:
What it's like to work at London Gatwick?
- Performance-based bonus scheme
- High street shops and restaurant discounts
- Healthcare scheme
- Life and disability insurance
- Professional training to develop
- Discounted travel to work schemes
- Volunteer days
At London Gatwick, our people are our biggest asset. We want our people to thrive and have the best experience while working with us. We know we are all at our best when we feel comfortable and included.
We are an organisation that places diversity, equity and inclusion at its heart. Our aim; to create a place where everyone belongs and has a voice, and we recognise we all play an important role in our success.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.
Click 'apply' to begin your journey, your way with London Gatwick.Click apply and complete your application. We'll be in touch soon.