L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Quality Engineer
Job Location – UK - Brighton – East Sussex
Job ID – 7432
Flexible, condensed or reduced working hours considered and hybrid working where possible.
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Brighton are part of Release Systems and the Mission Avionics sector operating in the Aerospace domain. We specialise in high performance electro-mechanical systems and pneumatic technology for airborne weapon carriage release.
Joining our Quality team of 7, you will be responsible for the identification and documentation of quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems. You will facilitate the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Lead the preparation and execution of internal audits within established manufacturing and production controls to ensure compliance with internal and external specifications and standards and liaise with auditing groups and inspectors to develop formal written reports and recommend corrective actions. Identify trends in discrepancies and collaborates with process owners on the refinement and optimization of business processes.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What the role will involve
The responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- QA release signatory on CofC’s
- Corrective and preventative action activity and reject analysis
- Review, approve, and control work order flow tags
- Develop inspection techniques, tools, and supplemental inspection instructions.
- Participate in supplier corrective and preventative actions
What you’ll bring
The role of Quality Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Qualification in Quality Assurance & Mechanical/manufacturing Engineering
- Internal auditing or demonstrated extensive experience in Quality Assurance in an ISO9001/AS9100 environment.
- Advanced experience APQP and control plans
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
# Spec, Quality Engrg
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships