L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Aftermarket Year in Industry Placement 2024-2025 - Crawley
Job Location – Crawley, West Sussex
Job ID - 4918
About this opportunity and L3Harris UK
From 12 UK sites, our team of over 1,400 people deliver unique capabilities across air, land, sea, space and cyber for military, security and commercial customers, worldwide.
L3Harris in Crawley specialise in technology and systems to enable quality pilot training from distance learning systems applications and maintenance solutions to training devices and full flight simulators, our technology covers the complete training spectrum.
We are looking for an Industrial Placement Candidate (IPC) with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude to work in our Aftermarket Team. You will be responsible for providing support to the global L3Harris business in a challenging fast-paced environment. The role will work closely with the Aftermarket Management Team to support the management of aftermarket portfolio. The portfolio of activities involves development of product and solutions, marketing technical offerings, delivering update and upgrade projects and programmes. A key part of the role will be to track performance across the portfolio to help ensure the strategic goals and objectives will be achieved.
A few of our employee benefits are:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days
- Private medical insurance with optional family cover
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- Life Assurance 4x salary (flexible up to 10x)
- Group income protection
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance program providing mental health and wellbeing support
What the role will involve
- Take a leading role co-ordinating the development of technical solutions to obsolescence on customer training devices, developing marketing material and then marketing the technical solutions.
- Track the health and performance of the aftermarket business through a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Support the Head of Aftermarket to identify resourcing issues across the aftermarket portfolio by assessing resource demand versus capacity of the aftermarket team.
- Maintain a credible, professional approach to individual colleagues and business teams through clear and appropriate communication, respect for the role, the circumstances of others and their ability to offer support and solutions.
- Work with the Aftermarket Product Manager and Engineering Solution Lead to discuss obsolescence solutions, the value they bring to customers and raise engineering taskings within the JIRA tool.
- Work with Marketing Team to co-ordinate the development of marketing material and then sharing the material via the chosen marketing channel.
- Gather and analysis data to generate a suite of business performance metrics and reporting pack that is used by the management team.
- Work with the Engineering Solution Lead to maintain integrity of data in the Configuration Management Database.
- Work with the business support coordinator to create Sales Orders for service support requests on SAP.
What you’ll bring
- Must be currently studying for a degree within the subject of Business Management
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey information effectively in written and verbal form Interpersonal skills to enable efficient and influential communication at all levels.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise and use tact and judgement.
- Willingness and ability to respond flexibly to the needs of the post.
Important to know
Due to the nature of our work many our roles require a UK nationality and the ability to obtain a security clearance. Applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet the requirement of right to work in the UK and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to government security checks.
As an equal opportunities employer, L3Harris is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join L3Harris.