An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust as a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist, working in the Assessment and Treatment Service at Cavendish House, Hastings, East Sussex
The post holder will work closely with Senior Managers and other consultants to contribute towards local service development.
This job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to (up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - email@example.com
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal: https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident Consultant Psychiatrist to join our professional services. The Consultants will provide quality mental health care and treatment for patients with severe and enduring mental illness. It is expected that the post holder will embrace New Ways of Working in their clinical practice.
You will be based in a friendly team environment and will have your own desk and workspace. You will also have access to a dedicated administrator.Working for our organisation
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in East Sussex.
Perhaps you have not decided yet and want to discuss your individual interests in working at Sussex Partnership? Although this job is advertised as a 10 PA post, if you want to discuss different working hours or flexible working
please pick up the phone and talk to us! We want to hear your thoughts and ideas on how our jobs can work for you.
If you have neither lived or worked in Sussex before then please consider the following:
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- A lifestyle including renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park
- Discovering the 140+ miles of scenic and historic Sussex coastline
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both close to the county, providing worldwide transport links
The Trust aims to realise the potential of everyone who uses its services and to enable staff to do a great job. Sussex Partnership has teaching status with close links to Brighton & Sussex Medical School and is developing into one of the country's leading Mental Health Trusts. Working with us offers continued professional development, variety and a rewarding challenge.
Please see the Job Description for the full list of duties and responsibilities.
Please note the Job Description is still with the Royal College for approval. If there are any small changes we will ensure all applicants receive the final version before interview.Person specificationQualificationsEssential criteria
- Basic Medical Training
- Full GMC/UK Registration
- MRC Psych or equivalent
- CST and entry onto the GMC Specialist Register or expected within 6 months
- Section 12 approval and AC approval
Knowledge, Skills and CompetenciesEssential criteria
- Experience & training in management of people who are severely mentally ill
- Good understanding and knowledge of all aspects of adult psychiatry
- Thorough knowledge of legislation relating to mental health
Personal AtributesEssential criteria
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with other Agencies
- Demonstrable evidence of effective communication skills
- Evidence of participation in Clinical Audit
- Mobility to travel across sites
- Understanding of the principles of equal opportunities in relation to staff & patients
- Proven ability to liaise and maintain a professional relationship with a diverse range of people
- Interest in teaching
- Member of a medical defence
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.