Band 7Job summaryIt's an exciting time for our Hospital at Home Service. We are expanding and recruiting to our new teams who will work with patients in their homes to provide a virtual ward service.
Hospital at Home teams will provide specialty virtual wards. They will be multi-speciality supporting patients across respiratory, heart failure and frailty in partnership with acute care, consultants and specialist nurses.
We are looking for a Clinical Lead (nurse), so if you're an ambitious, proactive, and experienced nurse looking to take a lead role in a team that provides excellent acute community care, we'd love to hear from you.
This is an amazing opportunity to become a member of Hospital at Home, working together to support patients through the critical first few days after they leave hospital and avoid unnecessary hospital admissions. The focus of this role is providing safe, effective, and quality senior clinical care, along with strong clinical leadership, advice, and support to the team. We are a multidisciplinary team working flexibly to provide a seven-day service, 365 days a year, between 8am and 8pm.
The team works closely with other services within Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, as well liaising on a daily basis with Acute and Community Specialist Nurses and Hospital Consultants, to provide daily ward rounds and remote patient monitoring.Main duties of the job
In this role, you will use your comprehensive knowledge and champion excellence in practice in a dynamic healthcare environment. Your specialist clinical assessment skills will support patients with complex needs in addition to providing clinical advice and support to colleagues.
Working with the operational leads you will ensure the clinical effectiveness of the service and the delivery of an excellent patient experience. You will also be part of the development of the service through reflective practice, clinical supervision, and quality improvement initiatives. Central to this is supporting the principles of interdisciplinary working and cross skilling for all staff supporting each other and learning together.
Your experience of working across a variety of clinical settings and working autonomously will help you excel in this role. We will support you to develop specialist areas of practice and your leadership skills through internal and external programmes.
In this role you will be responsible for staff management, supervision, and development, including shift coordination, allocation of visits, and the performance development reviews of members of the team.You will need to able to drive with a full UK licence with access to a car due to the geographic area covered by the team.About us
We are keen to make working for us, work for you. We are offering a range of flexible working opportunities and contracts that are personalised to fit you and your life. The following opportunities or a combination of them are available across all Clinical Lead (Nurse) roles:
- Flexible or fixed full-time hours
- Flexible of fixed part-time hours to suit you (for example 15hrs, 22.5hrs, or 30hrs)
- Annualised hours working patterns
- Term-time only working patterns
- Fixed-term opportunities
- Flexible working as part of our Temporary Workforce Service
Please get in touch with us to talk about how we can make this role flexible for you!
Other reasons to work with us include:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Positive 2022 NHS Staff Survey results with compassionate culture and leadership, and support for staff wellbeing scoring highly
- Services rated 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Real Living Wage Employer, with great rates of pay
- Supportive team environments
- Cost-effective and convenient workplace nurseries in Crawley, Hove and Brighton
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader, committed to creating inclusive workplaces
- Access to a wide range of benefits and discounts for NHS staff
Further information is available in the attached job description and person specification.
If you would like to discuss this role or find out more, you can contact Johanne Ansell (Clinical Service Manager) by calling 07890 556 765 or emailing email@example.com.Person Specification Qualifications/Professional Registration Essential
- Currently registered with the NMC as a Nurse (Adults)
- Post registration qualification or training to Masters level or equivalent, or be willing to undertake
- Advanced Physical Assessment course or Masters level module, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Non-Medical Prescriber, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Mentoring Course or equivalent or qualified Practice Assessor, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Recognised health leadership qualification, be in the process of completing or be willing to undertake
- Experience in clinical case management
- Evidence of a consistent pattern of learning from education and training
- Experience working across the boundaries of primary, community, and secondary care
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of clinical leadership in a service
- Experience of leading service development and change
- Experience of active participation in research
- Able to use recognised IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office including Excel
- Able to use of IT systems and keyboard skills including accurate data recording skills
- Car driver (Valid Driving License for use in the UK)
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer details Employer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Address
60 Marlborough Road
BN11 1RYEmployer's website
https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ (Opens in a new tab)