Band 2Job summary
We have a great opportunity for a Administration Assistant to join our busy and friendly team within the Children's Development Service based at Brighton General Hospital.
We would like an individual who is organised and efficient, with great IT skills and the willingness to learn our patient software, SystmOne . The candid must have a friendly and open manner and excellent communication skills.
The successful candidate's main focus will be data entry onto SystmOne and ad hoc clerical duties. They will scan clinical documentation as well as making telephone calls and covering reception when required.
They will need to be a team player, supporting others as necessary to ensure that all information is inputted in a timely and accurate way.
You are welcome to come and meet the team as well as discuss the role prior to submitting an application. Main duties of the job
The Administration Assistant will undertake data entry and clerical duties in relation to children seen at the Development Centre.
You will provide administrative support by scanning and filing electronic and paper documentation on to SystmOne. This will include incoming post and clinical notes.
You will also carry out telephone reminder calls to families with upcoming appointments, provide occasional reception cover and any other ad hoc duties to ensure the efficient running of the serviceAbout us
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
Job description Job responsibilities
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trusts workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.
Please see job and person specification for details.Person Specification Education/ Qualification Essential
- School leaving qualification (GCSE or equivalent) in maths and English language or able to demonstrate equivalent competence or equivalent experience
- Applicants with a lower level qualification who have equivalent experience will be considered
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent qualification in business administration
- Keeping personal or sensitive information confidential.
- Producing documents, letters and email using Microsoft Office.
- Working as part of a team - making a contribution and helping others.
- Previous experience of activities that involve receiving queries from others providing information, directions or taking and passing on messages.
- Attending organised groups or meetings - taking part in discussion and making notes
- Experience using SystmOne
- Able to record accurate information over the telephone.
- Able to remain calm and polite when it is busy.
- Fast, accurate keyboard skills.
- Able to take the initiative to keep the office environment tidy and free from health and safety hazards
- Able to listen to others in meetings and make clear, accurate notes.
- Able to use Microsoft Office software to create attractive and well laid-out documents and presentations. Able to use Microsoft Outlook for diary, workload and email management
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Able to contribute own ideas and suggestions at informal discussions or meetings.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer details Employer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Address
Brighton General Hosiptal
BN2 3EWEmployer's website
https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ (Opens in a new tab)