Jempson’s operate Supermarkets & convenience stores, home delivery, Post Office counters, cafes, Pharmacy, petrol station as well as a wholesale Bakery business.
Serving Peasmarsh since 1935, Jempson’s has sought to bring traditional home made foods to the public. Built on honesty and good value, our intention is to become the most prestigious food retailer in the UK in terms of innovation, design and fresh food excellence.
We pride ourselves in offering our shoppers the highest standards of customer service as well as some of the finest foods from around the world. This is our guarantee, This is our mission.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the main team with bakes
- Assisting with team cleaning of the work environment
- Undertaking bakery tasks such as measuring ingredients, moulding and proving
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation skills
- Team working
- Willingness to learn
- Yes, we hope the apprentice enjoys the role and stays with us
40 hours per week. Saturday working is required, but Sundays always off.
Things to consider
- There are bus routes to the area, however these are limited.
WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
So, you’re looking to find out more about apprenticeships? Great! Did you know Plumpton College is one of the country’s leading land based apprenticeship providers?
An apprenticeship is a real job that combines hands on work with the opportunity to train and develop your skills, knowledge and behaviours in your chosen profession.
At least 20% of your contracted hours will be spent in training and development, either with us at college, via online learning or even in your workplace. The rest of your time will be spent applying your skills and knowledge in your workplace, doing the job you have been employed to do.
APPRENTICE BAKERS WILL LEARN
- Measuring ingredient quantities
- Making dough
- How to safely work machinery, such as power mixers, industrial ovens and production lines
- Managing supplies
- Keeping production areas clean
- How to come up with ideas for new products
- Apprenticeship Certificate
- Level 2 Certificate in Baking Industry Skills
- Level 1 maths and English (if applicable)