What will I be doing?
This role is based mainly on the shop floor and will involve:
- Greeting customers and creating a friendly, welcoming atmosphere
- Providing assistance and asking customers if they need help or product recommendations
- Serving customers on the till, handling cash and card payments
- Talking about Gift Aid, explaining why it is important to the charity and helping customers sign up
- Keeping the shop floor looking great by tidying counters, refilling rails and organising displays
As well as selling items at the till point and providing great customer service, you may also be asked to help with:
- Steaming and pricing clothes
- Culling or rotating stock
- Accepting and sorting donations, deciding what to sell in the shop, and what should go to a different location
Where? 172 South Coast Road, Peacehaven, BN10 8SZ
When? Around 4 hours a week Monday - Saturday between 8.45am and 1.15pm or 12:45 pm and 5:15 pm
Anything else I should know? This is a great chance to learn stock ordering, visual merchandising and customer service. We are able to pay travel expenses such as local bus fares and train tickets to help you access this volunteering role.
Sounds good, what do I do next? Apply Now and a member of the team will be in contact to give you a tour, introduce you to some of our wonderful team and tell you more about this role.