Band 7Job summary
Are you a qualified CBT Therapist looking for the next step in your career? Are you looking to work in a team renowned for its patient-centered and supportive culture? Do you want to be part of a well-established service making a difference in the community? If you want to join one of the country's leading NHS Talking Therapies services, then we would love to hear from you!
We are one of the top performing NHS Talking Therapies services in the country, leading the way in the provision of NICE recommended psychological therapies. We are focused on patient care, clinical excellence, innovation, and collaborative working.
We currently have a vacancy for a BABCP accredited CBT Therapist to join our team in North West Sussex tohelp us continue to build on our success. The successful candidate will work with a range of adults with anxiety, depression and trauma-related problems in a primary care setting.
You will be supported by your management team and clinical leads and work with a friendly, highly competent workforce.Main duties of the job
Provide Step 3 CBT interventions face to face, digitally and in group settings to patients experiencing moderate to severe mental illness.
To accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service.
To assess clients for suitability for treatment within West Sussex Talking Therapies and specifically for Step 3 Psychological Therapy.
To make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to the service referral protocols, and if required, refer clients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary with due regard for assessment and management of risk. To undertake risk assessment and take the appropriate action. (This includes possibly breaching patient confidentiality in the interests of the patient or as dictated by legislation).
To formulate, implement and evaluate therapy programmes for clients.About us
We're one of the top performing NHS Talking Therapies services in the country, leading the way in the provision of NICE-recommended psychological therapies. We're focused on clinical excellence, innovation and collaborative working .
We can offer you:
Job description Job responsibilities
- Excellent continued learning and development
- Exciting career development opportunities
- The opportunity to be part of a well-established and patient-focused service
- The chance to be part of a dedicated, professional, engaged and supportive team
- Regular support, supervision and training
- Flexible working opportunities
- Our staff work with a blended way of working both on site and from home.
The post holder will be a Clinician providing Step 3, individual and group CBT interventions, within NHS West Sussex Talking Therapies.
There will be responsibility for ensuring that the service ethos of placing patients at the centre of service delivery, and promoting mental wellbeing and emotional resilience is central to the teams activity.
West Sussex Talking Therapies (formally Time to Talk) provides NICE compliant psychological therapies within primary care and community settings to patients with mild, moderate and severe depression, anxiety and psychological illnesses. Talking therapy interventions include psycho-educational courses, guided self-help, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling, group CBT (Mood Management course) and Mindfulness Courses. All staff within NHS West Sussex Talking Therapies are required to use the IAPTus data collection and clinical record management system. We are commissioned to provide accessible services and applicants must be able to work between 8am and 8pm, with one late clinic to be offered per week.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details.
Successful candidates can choose their most suitable base within our North locality, in either Burgess Hill, Crawley, Haywards Heath or Horsham.
This a one-year fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
If youd like to discuss flexible working opportunities, or chat about what West Sussex Talking Therapies can offer you, get in touch via email to email@example.comPerson Specification Qualifications and/or Professional Registration Essential
- IAPT Step 3 CBT Therapist / Doctorate in Clinical or Counselling Psychology with current HCPC registration and / or core profession / completed KSA portfolio plus postgraduate qualification (postgraduate diploma or masters) in Step 3 CBT with current BABCP accreditation. Note for Trainees: Those awaiting results of a course may be recruited on a Band 6 and uplifted to Band 7 when evidence of successful accreditation is provided. This is a qualified position and may be withdrawn if course failed
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Relevant professional accreditation (HCPC for Psychologists and BABCP for CBT Therapists). Note for Psychologists: In addition to HCPC registration, It is expected that you would need to be BABCP accredited as a CBT Therapist. If you are not accredited at the time of applying for this post, you must illustrate that you are accreditable (sufficient teaching and experience) and achieve provisional BABCP accreditation within the first six months on post. Please refer to the BABCP guidance on accreditation when applying for this post.
- Additional qualification in another relevant therapy modality (e.g. Mindfulness, ACT, behavioural couples' therapy, systemic therapy, IPT).
- Experience of using CBT to treat the full range of common mental health problems as well as OCD, phobias and trauma.
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team setting and working collaboratively with other disciplines from physical and / or mental health.
- Experience of and ability to meet agreed/specified service targets for clinical work.
- Experience and ability to manage own caseload and time.
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Experience of working within NHS psychological therapy services.
- Experience of providing clinical supervision.
Other requirements Essential
- Computer literate and competent with standard software packages - internet/MS Office.
- Demonstrates high standards in written and verbal communications with ability to adapt style of communication to different professional and non-professional groups.
- Ability to demonstrate use of robust risk as-sessment and risk management skills using service protocols and guidance.
- Demonstrates high standard of record keeping, with due regard for NHS Confidentiality, Data Protection and Information governance, abiding by codes of ethics and guidance for good practice of professional body.
- Has full understanding of the Ethical Principles and Codes of Practice for own professional body.
- Awareness of how Step 3 CBT and other psychological interventions fit into a mental health and physical health referral pathway.
- Ability to complete clinical audits.
- Has used IAPTus or equivalent computerised health record system for record-keeping.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Commitment to the ethos of recovery and patient focused care to achieve recovery.
- Ability to use clinical supervision and personal development positively and effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Regard for others and respect for individual rights of autonomy and confidentiality.
- Ability to be self-reflective, whilst working with patients & in own personal and professional development and in supervision.
- The ability and skills to act as an advocate for the service, to engage and foster good professional relationships with all health professionals in promoting the good integration of this service with the wider health care system.
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities in relation to staff and clients.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab).
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab). UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer details Employer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Address
Opportunity in our Crawley, Horsham and Mid Sussex teams
Burgess Hill, Crawley, Haywards Heath, Horsham
RH10 1HSEmployer's website
https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ (Opens in a new tab)