Band 5Job summary
Rural North Chichester is looking for a registered nurse to join the team. If you are newly registered, or looking for a new challenge, Community Nursing offers a great opportunity to specialise in a highly diverse and rewarding field. Community nursing offers the applicants many specialties in one role.
Any successful applicants will have an individual induction plan to ease into this community environment.
We would expect any prospective applicants to have researched the community role and Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust so you can demonstrate why you should be the successful candidateMain duties of the job
Our Team consists of Administrators to support the Nursing Team, Health Care Assistants, Nursing Associates, Community Staff Nurses ranging from part time and full time. We also have Qualified District Nurses and Community Sisters who obtained modules within community nursing, Clinical Nurse Leads and a Team Lead. As part of our Frailty Service we also work together with all our Local Health, Social and Voluntary Sector to enable holistic support for our patients.
We provide a highly supportive approach with all staff to gain the competencies required for the role. This includes individual development for those who wish to pursue a pathway to gain the District Nursing qualification and towards a Clinical Nurse Lead role. Also for those who have a special interest in any of the community disciplines, we will ensure they have the access to expand on those skills. We have amazing feedback from the student nurses we support and are committed to succession planning for the future.About us
Every member of staff in our team has supervision to support their individual needs and learning styles to obtain the competencies for their role. We carry out annual performance development plans which are a great way to acknowledge development and achievements made by staff and to plan ongoing learning needs for the individual with personal objectives and those that are required by the service.Job description Job responsibilities
You will see on the Person Specification some of the competencies and expectations you will either have or need to develop if you were successful. The main aspects of the role are Diabetic Management, Wound Management including Leg Ulcers diagnosis and treatment, Palliative care working very closely with the Hospice and GPs, Bladder and Bowel care including urethral and supra pubic catheters and other continence needs.
As well as the traditional type of patients as stated above, we work in partnership with the local health and social providers covering a specific group of people under Frailty. This group includes Severely Frail (score based), Dementia diagnosis, End of Life, Complex Conditions and Care Home Patients.
Our goal is to deliver high quality care in the community, working with patients towards rehabilitation, self-management and independence throughout the continuum of care. To participate in a team of colleagues supporting evidence based care, facilitating staff learning and development.Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Adult Nurse with NMC registration
- Evidence of a range of clinical competencies
- Demonstrates a commitment to working in the Community
- Experience in a community setting
- Demonstrates competency in a range of clinical skills e.g. wound management, catheterisation skills, medicines management and administration, palliative and end of life care including management of syringe drivers
- Knowledge of current local policies informing community health and social care services
- A clear understanding of the role of Community staff nurse
- Promote independence and choice in undertaking patient care
- IT literate or willing to achieve within an agreed period
- Knowledge of clinical governance, clinical audit and clinical supervision & professional codes of conduct
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Practice supervisor
- Practice Assessor
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Demonstrate ability to reflect and learn from situations
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and development
- Identifies difficulties as challenges and works with others to identify solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding of self, able to identify personal limitations and show openness to address them
- Car driver with access to a vehicle for work purposes
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. UK Registration
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window). Employer details Employer name
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust Address
Pulborough Medical Group
RH20 1FGEmployer's website
https://www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk/work-with-us/ (Opens in a new tab)