We have an exciting opportunity for a Rehabilitation or General Adult consultant psychiatrist to join our West Sussex Care Delivery Service. The role is based in our Enhanced Community Rehabilitation Team in Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
This job attracts a Recruitment and Retention payment of £25,000,
in addition to (up to) £8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- £5000 payment paid on appointment
- £5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- £6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- £8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal: https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Main duties of the job
You will work with other community services in the local area, including the Assessment and Treatment teams in Bognor Regis and in Chichester. You will also liaise with acute in-patient services in Oaklands, Chichester and Meadowfield in Worthing and the local rehabilitation unit, Connolly House, in Chichester.
This role can also support research, development, medical education or special interests. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex. Working for our organisation
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities for flexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living in West Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
You will be part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team that consists of Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapy technicians and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.Person specificationEssential and desirableEssential criteria
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Sussex Partnership NHS FT is committed to supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our communities. Our workforce is currently under-represented from Black and Minority, Ethnic and disabled communities and we would welcome applications from these communities.
We regret that we are unable to advise candidates if they have not been shortlisted. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In the event of an excessive number of applicants the Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy earlier than indicated.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust takes its responsibilities for the safeguarding and protection of children and young people and vulnerable adults very seriously and expects this of all its employees and bank workers. The Trust works with adult and children's social care to ensure that the integrated service has systems in place to equip staff and bank workers with the knowledge and skills to recognize abuse, and take action to safeguard and protect vulnerable adults and children and young people. It is expected that all staff and bank workers familiarise themselves with the appropriate structures and policies and with the Sussex child protection and safeguarding procedures and the Sussex multi-agency policy and procedures for safeguarding vulnerable adults and undertake the relevant essential training and further training appropriate to their role.
Successful candidates are normally offered salaries at the bottom of the relevant salary range. However, where previous or equivalent NHS experience in a similar role can be demonstrated and evidenced, this may be taken into consideration when setting the starting salary.Employer certification / accreditation badgesApplicant requirements
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.