- Salary: Competitive
- Hours: Full Time
- Location: Crawley
- Contract: Perm
- Closing Date: 18th February 2024
- Working Pattern: 12-hour shifts 4 on 4 off. 2 days & 2 nights and a period of standby (a degree of flexibility required)
In a nutshell
In this position, you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth maintenance of our crew resources according to the published roster. Your main responsibilities will involve resolving operational disruptions through well-informed decision-making, prioritising the most efficient solutions while maintaining compliance with regulatory, union, and company guidelines. Your duties will include allocating and supervising the completion of standard day-to-day procedural tasks, identifying and drawing attention to operational risks for the Duty Manager's consideration and providing support when required to preserve the integrity of the Pilot & Cabin Crew training plan, with a focus on re-planning training requirements.
Day to day
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will be
- Efficiently re-plan crew resources to maximise roster efficiency, ensuring compliance with Flight Time Limitation and Fatigue Risk Management principles.
- Responsible for daily coverage of open pilot and cabin crew positions, promptly reporting issues to the Duty Manager
- Handle disruptions, calculate FDP requirements, and collaborate closely with Network Operations, the OCC Duty Director, pilots and cabin crew to ensure robust and communicated plans
- Identify, resolve, and address operational risks on the roster.
- Run day-to-day system alerts and resolutions
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks as per checklists and LOIs
Training and Re-Planning
- Efficiently re-plan training on live rosters due to disruptions for pilots and cabin crew, following VAA and regulatory requirements, including ground courses, simulator sessions, flying duties, and resolution of training issues.
- Provide timely responses to training queries.
- Ensure effective communication with the Pre-Op Planner regarding training plan requirements or changes.
- Policies, Procedures, Systems, and Objectives
- Align with and recommend where necessary processes and procedures to achieve objectives efficiently
- Support the testing of new system enhancements to enhance working practices Update procedures as the need arises
- Undertake additional tasks and activities as needed to enhance departmental output
- Develop and challenge your own understanding of the system for accurate and efficient usage, gaining knowledge from colleagues
- Ensure any IT system issues are effectively communicated within the required timeframe
- Support the Manager to maintain the departmental reputation through adherence to processes, procedures, and roster change requirements
- Maintain effective and timely communication within the team, with Cabin Crew, Pilots, and key areas of the business and address feedback to improve operational efficiencies
- Proactively resolve customer queries and feedback, including Hotac, allowance, and travel queries outside regular hours
To be successful in your application we're looking for someone with a good understanding of CAA/EASA and Fatigue Risk Management experience alongside the below:
- Knowledge/understanding of Crewing systems
- An excellent problem solver who excels under pressure in a constantly evolving environment
- Excellent communicator who is able to prioritise and influence
- Great decision making
- Understanding of Pilot training
- Experience of Word, Excel & Outlook
If the above sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do our colleagues. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. At Virgin Atlantic, we believe everyone can take on the world - no matter your age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disabilities, religion, or beliefs. We celebrate difference and everything that makes our colleagues unique by upholding an inclusive environment in which we can all thrive. So that everyone at Virgin Atlantic can be themselves and know they belong.
To make your journey with us accessible and individual to you, we encourage you to let us know if you'd like a little extra help with your application, or if you have any individual requirements at any stage along your recruitment journey. We are here to support you, so please reach out to our team, (email@example.com) feeling confident that we've got your individual considerations covered.