IT Support Coordinator (Contract Position) - Canon
- Full Time
To provide first and second line support to Canon Medical Systems employees, enabling them to provide a superior customer experience. Performing both technical and administrative tasks to ensure functionality and efficiency of computer and telecom systems.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
Chief Financial Officer
IT Support Coordinator
JOBS REPORTING TO THIS JOB
- To act as the internal first point of contact for all IT-related enquiries
- To provide IT support to all areas of the business
- To become a power user of all IT/telecom systems and applications and coach others in their use as required
- To champion IT services within the business
- Communicate with all levels of the business
- Provide assistance to the IT Manager in the management of CMSUK’s IT infrastructure in line with Canon guidelines
- Provide IT support to approximately 180 users [in house and remote] to include systems administration
- Purchase and prepare hardware/software (computers, systems, and networks ready for distribution to end user – Windows/Microsoft Support, Apple Support.)
- Work closely with European IT support centre in The Netherlands to roll-out programs and initiatives as appropriate
- Constantly improve administration, communication, and technical skills and take responsibility for up-dating your own knowledge and to coach others in the use of systems/software
- Develop in-depth knowledge of systems and software within your field, to enable creative and effective problem solving
- Recognise problems in equipment referred to you, develop solutions, examine practicability and forward the information to all relevant parties
- Keep track of problems; ensure a consistent view is taken to aid resolution
- Able to work reasonably independently on a day-to-day basis
- Support, maintain, repair and install individual software products as required, calling on expert support when necessary
- Ensure the expectations of customers and business partners are fulfilled with regard to quality of service.
- Provide induction to new starters on the use of IT equipment and applications.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The IT Support Coordinator must understand Canon’s Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety policies and the procedures, work instructions, risk assessments and method statements which apply to their daily work.
This documentation is held within the QA document manager and it is mandatory that you adhere to these documents during your daily work.
In this role you must work closely with the IT Manager, the Chief Financial Officer and all other IT stakeholders. Excellent customer service is paramount.
The Business Support Coordinator must understand Canon’s Management Systems and the policies the company has issued to support these. These include Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety and Information Security Policies. The role expects a working knowledge of those procedures, work instructions, risk assessments and method statements, which apply in the job’s daily activities.
In addition, the Business Support Coordinator shall comply with all corporate programs, specifically Canon’s ‘Code of Conduct’ and such initiatives as the company deems necessary to conduct its business. These are currently: Anti-Bribery compliance, EU Competition Law Compliance, Data Protection Compliance.
The documentation is held within the ‘Quality On-Line’ Document Manager and it is mandatory that the above is adhered during the daily activities.
OUR EMPLOYEE VALUES
To enhance TRUST and help us to build meaningful and productive relationships at work, we promote the values of Quality, Care and Empowerment as set out below:
- In understanding each other’s roles and in offering assistance we can deliver exceptional results.
- Alone we specialise, together we excel.
- By analyzing our actions and reflecting on their outcomes we continually improve.
- We build mutually respectful and supportive relationships.
- When communicating we consider each other’s priorities and needs to maintain good relationships.
- We work collaboratively and flexibly in our approach to deliver the best outcomes and balance exceptions or all.
- In sharing our learning experiences, both good and bad, we advocate growth in ourselves and others.
- We overcome challenges by being proactive and innovative in our approach.
- We inspire others through our words and actions, setting examples for others to follow.
- The successful candidate is able to work methodically, prioritise the various tasks and with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Apple devices (iPhone/iPad)
- EMC Avamar Backup Console
- Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Mobile Iron
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- A valid passport (as some travel to Europe may be necessary) and driving licence