Chefs - Alpha LSG Ltd
Chefs All levels
London Gatwick Airport
Salary - £9.23ph - £10.70ph
• Chef De Partie
• Demi Chef
We have a number of exciting opportunities for the above Chefs to join an outstanding team, catering and producing quality in-flight meals for a variety of established airlines, working on a shift basis at London Gatwick Airport.
We are also looking for experienced Oriental Chefs to cater for our large customer base of Premium Oriental airlines.
At Alpha LSG, we are proud to be a leading provider of in-flight catering and logistics across the UK. If you are passionate about food and possess a desire to work hard, learn and develop we want you to be a part of our future and continued success!
Depending on the level of role, you may need:
- Either City & Guilds 706/1 or 2 or NVQ Level 1 or 2 or equivalent oversees certificates.
- To be fully knife trained
- Previous catering experience as a Chef
- Previous airline catering experience is highly desirable (but not necessary) .
- Previous authentic, (traditional, modern western cuisine and oriental catering is highly desirable.
- To be very familiar with authentic and conventional, as well as
- contemporary ingredients, with a detailed knowledge of, and experience in preparing different cuisines.
- To understand airline specifications and have a good understanding of English.
- Basic numeracy skills
- Effective communication skills
- To demonstrate competence in adhering to company compliance documentation.
- To be a self-disciplined person who takes a real pride in what they produce.
- To have a flexible approach to work and have an ability to withstand the pressure of working in a busy environment.
If you are successful we will provide you with full training on all our processes and systems. As part of our recruitment process we carry out a full 5 year employment check and criminal records check on all successful applicants in order to comply with Civil Aviation Authority regulations. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.