HGV Driver – Class 2 - Alpha LSG
- Full Time
Alpha LSG Ltd are a global provider of managed services. We provide in-flight catering and retail products to a variety of leading airlines. Throughout our 17 locations we cater more than 440 flights per day and service more airline customers (75+) than anyone else in the UK
Are you a HGV / LGV Driver with a Class 2 License?
Are you tired of long drives and non-moving traffic?
At AlphaLSG we have the perfect opportunity to get you home on time as planned. Working as a full time Driver at our London Gatwick Faraday Road Unit you could earn £10.70 - £20.00 per hour (higher rate inclusive of overtime and shift pay) with the added bonus of NO TRAFFIC JAMS! If that doesn’t make you want to press apply now, continue reading until you are convinced.
Working in a fast paced environment the HGV / LGV Driver role is pivotal to the success of our business as you will be responsible for loading and driving our specialist rigid vehicles from the airport service department to our airline clients delivering our excellent on-board retail and catering goods in-line with various scheduling agreements. As you will be joining the company there will be plenty of overtime opportunities paying premium rates.
As a permanent driver you will also form part of the monthly driver incentive scheme which rewards good driving. Each month all drivers have the opportunity to earn a reward in the form of a ‘One for All’ voucher, 1st prize £500, 2nd prize £300 and 3rd prize £100.
You will need a reasonable level of physical fitness to do this job as it will require some lifting and bending. If you feel this is the job for you and you have the necessary skills for this exciting role you could be the very person we are looking for.
What you’ll be doing:
· Loading of the bar and catering equipment on to 17 ton rigid vehicles
· Loading and unloading a variety of aircraft types with catering equipment
· Driving the vehicle from the Faraday Road catering unit in LGW to airports in the south region you will ensure the goods and catering packages are delivered on time
· Liaise with Cabin Crew from our array of airline clients to facilitate the transfer of catering equipment to and from your vehicle to the aircraft
· You will be working as part of a team in a customer centric environment
If you are successful we will provide you with full training on all our processes and systems. In order to comply with strict aviation security regulations we will carry out a full 5 year employment background check on all successful applications. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.