Stores and Warehouse Assistant - AerFin
- Full Time
AerFin Ltd specialise in aircraft end of life solutions, using our extensive inventory holding to support our airline and MRO customer base with quality used material to reduce maintenance costs whilst maintaining the quality and integrity of the asset.
Our portfolio of services range from PBH support packages for airlines, 24/7 AOG support from both our London and Singapore based distribution centres, engine leasing, innovative material supply programs for MROs including our Beyond.Fleet.Services™ programme in conjunction with SR Technics through to Technical consultancy projects to lessors and operators. AerFin also provide engine disassembly services for CFM and RR engines from our 100,000sqft UK based warehouse.
AerFin are enjoying strong growth and were awarded the 2017 Fast Track 200 Sunday Times award for the UK’s fastest growing exporter. The anticipated trajectory of growth is set to continue and this calls for the addition of this important role to the team.
Working within a small team reporting to the Head of Operations – Airframe, the Stores and Warehouse Assistant will undertake preparation, processing and storage of Aircraft components. Whilst ensuring that all required activities are delivered efficiently in accordance with the production schedule
Salary expectations: £8:00 ph
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out identification and/or storage of components in accordance Quality Processes and technical specifications.
- Carry out stock taking activities
- Picking stock and placing stock to shelf
- Receive parts from vendors, inspect to current procedures
- Prepare parts for shipment
- Use Quantum Inventory Management System to undertake the following transactions:
- Accurately record all work in progress
- Accurately record the location of components and parts ensuring required quality standards are achieved
- General warehouse housekeeping, cleaning and organisation
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard or equivalent
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
- Experience of Logistics / warehousing processes and procedures
- Ability to comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations and ensure these are adhered to at all times
- Work is completed accurately in accordance with required work schedules
- Productivity is maintained so that the effectiveness and efficiency of the department is at the highest level.
- Previous working knowledge of Quantum IT system is an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working with Aero Engines, parts and components
- Fork Truck licence or other movement equipment experience
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Able to work within a small team of highly motivated individuals in a fast moving entrepreneurial working environment.
- Good time keeping and honesty