Operations and Platform Engineer : Elekta
- Full Time
Description - The Operations & Platform Engineer works within a small, multi-disciplined team, in a highly dynamic environment. The team is responsible for operations and further development of the Elekta IntelliMax Enterprise, Elekta’s IoT (Internet of Things) platform based on the PTC ThingWorx platform. This is achieved with strong technical skills, understanding the wider business context, creating strong relationships, an ability to learn and a quality mindset.
- Works with suppliers and product teams to successfully launch new capabilities to the Elekta IntelliMax IoT solution.
- Development of internal and external products (applications/visualizations) utilizing ThingWorx tooling
- Maintenance and deployment of integration capabilities, alterations to business logic and new platform features, often working with internal and external resources.
- Provides higher and final tier support for Elekta IntelliMax, comprising of multiple, changing technologies.
- Perform root cause analysis investigations, implement & communicate fixes and/or workarounds.
- Coordinating activities with external and internal stakeholders.
- Clear and appropriate documentation, defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Support & Develop processing tools for automated device log parsing for Data Science team analysis.
- Collate and document user requirements to ensure successful deliveries that meet customer needs.
- Peer review & verification of new capabilities developed within the team.
- Produce solution design and implementation proposals.
- Works within established development procedures, utilizing devops tooling including source control.
- Reviewing quality documentation is complete before accepting and deploying to the platform.
- Planning own work and working flexibly to deadlines.
- Managing deployment tools for maintaining edge product & device monitoring software.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Configuration management & audit to ensure all environments are deployed within specification.
- Acts as an ambassador for IoT & Connected Products within Elekta.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competencies –
The successful applicant will be an outcome and customer focused individual, driven to ensure the team excels in their mandate to provide quality, industry leading solutions and support to Elekta regional organizations and our customers.
They will have a natural aptitude for technology, bringing a breadth of experience and be motivated to work with new, innovative solutions and the inherent challenges therein.
They will be an energetic team player, amiable, working across functions and organizations with ease, maintaining a strong network in Elekta.
- Cloud/PaaS solution deployment and operations.
- Integration design, build & deployment.
- ThingWorx development.
- Strong analytical skills able to solve systems level problems.
- Solution oriented, able to carry out root cause analysis and identify workarounds for business continuity.
- Demonstrates initiative, capable of working in a self-directed manner in new or loosely-defined situations.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate principles, to a wide range of seniority and across functional boundaries.
- Capable of logical, structured and pragmatic thinking, excellent problem solver.
- Knowledge of Object Orientation engineering principles.
- Follows technological trends, informed of latest in technology.
- Provides a “can do” attitude, flexibility and innovative solutions to technical and organizational challenges.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Excellent personal organization skills.
- Represents oneself and Elekta in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree or professional qualification in technical studies, or comparable experience.
- System Administration.
- Worked with development platforms or highly customizable cloud solutions, eg: ThingWorx, Azure IoT Hub, SalesForce.com, SAP etc.
- Experience in executing or overseeing change or configuration control processes.
- Change & deployment plan & execution.
- Relevant experience demonstrating business awareness.
- Application support in a customer facing role.
- Experience implementing technological or process change in medium or large organizations.
- Good breadth of technical experience.
- Experience with PTC ThingWorx platform.
- Worked with Agile development practices.
- Experience of Business Intelligence systems and implementation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, able to query and understanding of appropriate design modelling and normalization.
- Experience in software development or scripting language.
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- ITIL Certification.
- Good business and commercial awareness e.g. basic cost accounting, ROI and NPV.
additional local information or n/a
Physical Requirements (Physical demands & work environment): The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects and tools; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move light to moderate weight. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This is an open plan, office-based role. The noise level and temperature in the work environment is usually mild.
Travel: There is no requirement for travel in execution of this role, however opportunities for travel, including conferences are offered.
Flexible Working: We recognise that mutual flexibility is required for the successful operation of business critical systems. You may infrequently be asked to support activities out of hours, reciprocal and appropriate flexibility is offered. Candidates with requirements for flexible arrangements are encouraged to make application and discuss these needs with Elekta.