Planner Buyer : Elekta
- Full Time
Description - (Enter the key activities of the role)
The Manufacturing Planner Buyer is to ensure day to day material supply of parts assigned to them to meet agreed Manufacturing output (either by master scheduling, by forecasts or by stock level maintenance) to achieve agreed service levels and delivery dates according to agreed supply in Budget/Forecast/S & OP (Sales and Operations Planning)
To maintain inventory levels for manufacturing within designated warehouses within the Product Supply Centre (PSC) to agreed targets.
To monitor and help improve material supply chain processes for designated PSC by using lean and root cause analysis techniques.
To help manage the input of new products and parts into the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system where it affects Manufacturing for PSC.
(To participate in projects as directed by the ERP Product and Program Manager and Global Key User)
(To provide training and support for manufacturing users of the current ERP program)
Responsibilities - (Using e.g. bullet points, identify the detailed aspects and specific responsibilities of the role. Major Duties and Responsibilities Execution:
- To implement an achievable plan (production volumes, purchased materials and stock) directly from the Supply Plan generated from the S & OP process.
- To ensure purchase, manufacturing Crawley and distribution orders Crawley are placed then expedited to ensure the overall manufacturing plan and agreed customer service levels are met.
- To create, firm plan, release, amend and close manufacturing orders as required to ensure that they are serial number identified (tagged) and are planned to meet the agreed M3 schedule.
- To measure, analyse and report on issues that affect the overall manufacturing plan and the throughput of components and assemblies to identify problems and root causes for future improvements.
- To modify and update manufacturing order picklists to incorporate changes (e.g. processes such as engineering change and verification and validation)
- To utilise the tools available (e.g. Qlikview reports, Add*One and K & N Portal information) to track the progress of individual products and parts and take the necessary corrective action required to ensure the product is built to the ERP plan.
- To expedite or amend purchase orders with Suppliers and liaise with the Inbound Logistics Control Tower and 3rd party Warehouse supplier as necessary to ensure material is available in time for Manufacturing Order Picking.
- To analyse usage data and manage ERP stock classification to amend the planning, ordering and delivery parameters for parts.
- To update basic data on Suppliers transport methods and transport lead times as agreed with Strategic Purchasing and the Inbound Logistics Control Tower.
- To resolve documentation or M3 errors at goods inwards and complete the actions on the relevant Non Conformance Report (NCR).
- To ensure that stock levels are maintained in accordance with departmental policy specified at the Working Capital Meetings.
- To review inventory and identify actions to ensure material is not left in ERP non-available locations.
- To assess internal requests for material and factory labour and negotiate agreed delivery dates.
- To ensure all repairs to manufactured assemblies and purchased components are actioned in a controlled, timely and cost effective manner by use of purchase order , manufacturing order and distribution order.
- To participate in daily shortage review meetings.
- To participate in supplier reviews and other supplier contact meetings as required.
- To participate in Inbound Logistics Supplier review meetings and to help resolve issues in process as they are identified.
- To support regular lean (notably from 6S and Kaizen) improvement initiatives.
- To resolve invoice non-conformances (or escalate to the Purchasing Department as appropriate).
- To participate in improvements projects throughout the business.
- To coordinate and monitor Engineering Change Order (ECO) implementation into manufacturing and supply chain to reduce material obsolescence risks, and to review and execute obsolescence actions each month.
- To support Purchasing on supplier performance management, especially delivery performance.
- To support WIP stock checking by counting items and reconciling discrepancies as directed by the designated Stock Check Controller.
- (To provide training and evidence of training for relevant employees in worldwide PSCs in Manufacturing ERP processes)
- (To participate in Manufacturing process developments throughout PSCs worldwide.)
- (To be responsible for approving amendments and improvements to global ERP manufacturing processes)