Solution Verification Team Lead : Elekta
- Full Time
Description – The Solution Verification Team Lead will help drive the introduction of solution level verification, working with key stakeholders to agree and establish the supporting processes and procedures. You will lead a team of Solution Verification Engineers to deliver verification that demonstrates the Elekta Medical Linear Accelerator solution (comprising a number of contributing products) works as a cohesive unit and fulfils its intended purpose.
- Responsible for Solution Verification activities on Business Line Linac
- Work with the Solution Verification Process Manager (and other appropriate stakeholders as required) to agree and establish Solution Verification processes and procedures
- Ensure team conformance with developed processes and procedures.
- Creation of Solution Verification Plans as required, working with contributing project team engineering leads, project managers and other project stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide estimates of time and effort required for solution verification activities.
- Contribute to development and review of solution level requirements.
- Work with the Test Facilities team to ensure that computer platforms, tools for development and test equipment are available and allocated to the project.
- Ensure adequate solution verification of the product, with full traceability through the development life cycle.
- Provide solution verification status updates to project stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensure that the required Solution Verification test reports are completed in a timely manner and that they provide clear recommendations as to the release status of the overall solution.
- Throughout the life of the contributing project(s), identify and manage risks that might jeopardise successful completion to specification, time and budget. Report major risks to the Project Manager(s), or if appropriate the System Test Manager.
- Responsible for a team of direct reports:
- Ensure SAFe Agile ceremonies are conducted in line with Elekta product creation processes.
- To hold regular 1-2-1’s with direct reports, conduct an annual GPM and to set an annual performance and professional development plan.
- Ensure adequate training and mentoring for personnel working on the team as appropriate.
- To monitor team’s performance to ensure high standards are being maintained.
- Lead by Example:
- Maintain expert domain knowledge in one or more chosen area
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of products across the Linac solution
- Develop and verify the adequacy of test procedures.
- Run approved test procedures on products.
- Create solution test procedures to cover allocated requirements
- Contribute to the requirements development and review.
- Review allocated solution test procedures for adequacy of test coverage
- Run and pass or fail allocated test procedures
- Create and sign off solution verification test plans
- Create and Maintain test suites in the Application Lifecycle Management system
- Allocate functional resource
- Sign for solution verification readiness
- Create and sign off solution verification test reports
- Recommend validation readiness
- Approve software release notes
- Hold and sign staff appraisals
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competeEncies -
- Candidates should have qualifications and skills equivalent to those of the team they are leading plus at least 2 years’ experience in a leadership position.
- Have management potential with particularly strong competencies for Drive and Leadership
- Batchelors degree (or equivalent) in relevant domain is desirable.
- Qualification as a medical professional having worked within a radiotherapy environment as a radiographer, hospital technician, physicist or service engineer.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience using Elekta products in a hospital setting.
- Must be self-motivated and able to interact well with others. Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills is a key success factor in this position.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and IT skills.
- Organisational Ability
- Awareness of SAFe Agile framework is an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.