Analyst - Fuel & Aircraft Efficiency : Virgin Atlantic
- Full Time
Hours: 37.5 per week, Mon - Fri
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Closing Date: 2nd December 2020
Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including part-time, different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
In a nutshell
At Virgin Atlantic, we’re just as passionate as we’ve always been about becoming the most loved travel company. It’s been an uncertain year, for us, for everyone. There’s been ups and downs, some successes, and some sadness. One thing we know for sure – this year has shown that when we combine our brand with the power of amazing people, we make something truly magical.
Virgin Atlantic is still proudly flying, creating the same fabulous flight experience we’re famous for, and we’re busily laying the foundations for a profitable future. We know that the right people are key to creating success – so we’re looking for someone brilliant to join our team and help us achieve our vision. Perhaps that’s you? We’d love to find out.
In this role you'll support the Flight Operations Engineering & Efficiency Manager to reduce fuel usage and carbon emissions through the provision of high quality analysis and rigorous evaluation of operational data and procedures, reporting and recommendations.
Supporting business teams across the airline with high quality information, project managing a range of fuel saving initiatives to ensure that initiatives are delivered on time and ensuring business benefits are captured and delivered.
You will also develop new reporting and increasing data streams, working with our internal stakeholders to improve the quantity of data.
Day to Day:
- The production of fuel data providing meaningful KPI’s and status reports that drive activity.
- Analysis of data to identify root causes and identify corrective actions or best practice. Deliver a high level of analytical thinking to data collated and propose recommendations for improvements
- Use a range of techniques to cascade information to different audiences, supporting the teams to understand and interpret the data and to find proactive solutions.
- Utilising networks to constantly improve data sources, accuracy and reporting across the business.
- Lead the continuous development of our fuel management data warehouse to analyse and quantify efficiency initiatives, working with internal stakeholders to develop the data warehouse to identifying new opportunities and completing feasibility studies.
- Continually learning, capturing best practice and keeping up to date with innovations in the industry to ensure that the data is utilised to its maximum potential.
- Disseminating information and knowledge, up skilling individuals and ensuring we do not have any ‘single points of failure’.
- Support the creation of clear and concise project briefs and provide detailed analysis for fuel related business cases. Constructively challenge requirements to ensure they are deliverable, supportable, and linked to business benefits or needs.
- Manage fuel related projects, ensuring the business is kept informed with progress. Manage requirements through the life of the project and document changes.
- Effectively manage business expectations of cost, delivery and timelines. Ensure that changes to requirements are re-analysed and documented, effectively supported by solutions and properly tested.Set up and maintain an initiative tracker to oversee projects and ensure initiatives are delivered to time, cost and quality targets.
- Prepare material for and/or attend relevant steering team meetings ensuring all stakeholders have the necessary information.
Are you analytical, data driven with a keen eye for detail and passionate about Aviation? If so, this role might be for you! To be successful in role we're also looking for the following skills and experience:
- Working with aircraft in a technical capacity
- Fully proficient in the use of our business data tools including Business Objects, Access, PowerBI and Excel
- Proven Analytical abilities
- Ability to handle a multitude of work requests and projects at any one time and prioritise accordingly
- Ability to engage and work with other teams and stakeholder
- Experience in SQL would be beneficial
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you!