TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR - SPECIALIST : ELEKTA
- Full Time
To support the growth of the Elekta business and our constant innovation in patient care, the Global Engineering business area has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Illustrator.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated team player with experience of producing high-end technical graphical content for product documentation and literature. This is a varied role operating within the Information Development function based in Crawley. Working in an established team with years of expertise and the latest industry tools creating high-end technical illustrations. You will be, self-starting and have the ability to work independently, be creative, independent and able to translate information requirements into clear graphical content to be used in our suite of product manuals.
The role involves collaborative working with other functional areas of Elekta’s global business, in addition to third party suppliers to bring our technical content in line with latest information systems.
Elekta seeks to continuously improve its operating environment. You will be capable of supporting the development and implementation of new practices, tools and techniques to encourage and develop a highly innovative approach to graphical communication.
- Responsible for providing high-end illustrative content in accordance with project requirements, local and global company policies and maintain updates to illustrations in support of engineering changes.
- Maintain graphics library of all illustrations created.
- Maintain a system for controlling and issuing technical illustrations
- Ability to interpret and understand engineering drawings and technical data.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new software and illustration techniques as and when required.
- Collaborate with project personnel and interpret information requirements, providing high quality graphic assets to process and proactive in advising on overall solution outcomes.
- Work within existing illustration processes and standards, also in compliance with Elekta’s company policies and procedures.
- Obtain and collate design information as source material for the creation of accompanying documentation.
- Management of the delivery of assigned solutions to agreed timescales.
- Recognize risks and ability to manage these risks to the project team and functional management.
- Support Technical Training in the production and delivery of educational media and courses
- Gamification experience to assist in delivering learning outcomes would be an advantage.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Team Leader and/or Technical Publications and Localizations Manager
RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively across global environments
- A strong, demonstrative creative and communication skills are essential
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure whilst being adaptable and flexibl
- Strong team player
- Good presentation skills
- Good networking skills
Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrative ability to create 3D rendered graphics, exploded technical illustrations and 2D technical graphics to a high standard is essential.
- Competent in ISODraw CAD Process and Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Good working knowledge of CAD illustration tools (Solid Edge, Solid Works, Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 and VRay) is essential
- Microsoft Office products is desirable
- Previous work experience in a life sciences environment would be advantageous