Technical Trainer : Elekta
- Full Time
Reports to – manager of engineering technical training Salary Competitive
Description – Conduct technical training delivery on conventional linear accelerator and associated systems curriculum to internal and external students. Coordinate training and course assigned, monitoring training programs and future needs in line with guidelines and requirements and within control and efficiency objectives. Conduct theory and practical assessments adhering to current policy and assessment criteria. Participate in development of curriculum whilst collaborating with other departmental entities. liaising with the product development teams, order fulfilment and global service to design, develop, and deliver a comprehensive and innovative training offering for field service engineers maintaining the new product in all regions.
- To provide expert technical knowledge and conduct assessment to students undertaking engineering technical training courses.
- Participate and provide input to other departmental entities in the design and development and deliver the technical training requirements in support of Elekta’s products.
- To devise in collaboration with other training colleagues the training strategy for new products and implement and monitor the rollout of such training to the business
- To create, control, conduct, monitor and support training courses including, student assessment sheets, course documentation and management, and escalating matters as required.
- To assist and advise in identifying training needs for staff and students
- To deliver training locally and globally as required in order to meet strategic and operational objectives
- Create and manage training documentation to include training guides and assessment specifications
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by senior management
- Incorporate Elekta Values and quality systems into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Manage own time and workload as per operational requirements ensuring curriculum delivery and objectives are achieved.
- Conduct summative and formative assessments and grade students accordingly.
- Observe and report any issues with students taking student care into consideration.
- Complete authorities on specific tasks as assigned by Manager of Engineering Technical Training.
- Plan own travel where required whilst operating within organizational policy.
Relevant Knowledge, skills and competEncies:
- Higher level qualification (HNC/HND) or Degree in Engineering or Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Proven engineering skills: mechanical, electrical, electronic fault finding including analogue circuitry, plumbing, vacuum, radiation engineering.
- Experience as an FSE on Elekta products or Elekta support modalities.
- Excellent communication, presentation and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Ability to adopt to change or challenges presented by trainees and cultural differences.
- Excellent management of time and resources.
- Proven computing skills competent in the use of MS Excel, MSWord and PowerPoint
- Ability to demonstrate assessment skills: Examination invigilation, practical assessment
- Ability to demonstrate authoring skills: Creating, maintaining of course documents
- Team player able to operate individually and as a team member during training course delivery