General Manager – Logistics : Eezehaul
- Full Time
General Manager – Logistics
Eezehaul provides a one stop, customer focussed logistics solution offering UK Palletised freight distribution and other core services including Sameday/direct haulage, ADR loads, FORS Silver transport, International pallet distribution and Storage and Warehousing services.
We are the largest delivery partner within The Pallet Network which makes for an incredibly busy operation and we are now looking for a General Manager to lead our unique and customer focused Transport and Pallet Network Operations team. This job is not for the fainthearted!
The environment is fast moving, dynamic and highly pressurised with stringent timescales and high customer expectations. Candidates will need to have gained logistics operational experience within a similar environment and have previous experience of running a depot operation, be able to thrive under pressure and be capable of managing multiple priorities, working to critical deadlines and objectives.
With a good level of numeracy, verbal and written skills with good IT literacy, confident and articulate, commanding respect through knowledge experience and personal style, you will have a passion for service and strong customer focus.
To be successful in role it is critical that you can not only lead a safe, compliant and efficient operation, along with being able to demonstrate a proven experience in customer management and successful commercial exposure
Your responsibilities as General Manager – Logistics
The main purpose of the role is to achieve the depot revenue and profit target in line with the annual budget set, by the efficient use of all resources.
This is a very hands-on role and you will be responsible for ensuring the company service levels are achieved at all times whilst listening to the customers’ requirements and striving to exceed their expectations.
You will ensure risk is effectively managed through compliance with all company policies including Health and Safety as well as operating within legal and regulatory requirements. A brief summary of main tasks is shown below:
- Oversee day to day operations liaising with drivers, customers and office-based colleagues
- Direct reports of 10+ operations office staff which include probation reviews & appraisals
- Ensure effective communication across the shifts so all areas of the operation are aware of the transport and resource plans
- Recruit and onboard your team which include interviewing and training
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives.
- Manage all KPI performance and provide KPI reports to the Directors on a timely basis.
- Represent the company to customers and professional associations.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships.
You as the new General Manager will demonstrate the following:
- A passionate and driven approach to the company leadership.
- Proven experience within a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- The ability to motivate and lead people.
- You must have sound working knowledge of both transport and warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety management processes.
- Working knowledge of human resource processes.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the 24/7 business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the General Manager - Logistics position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution background with previous experience of running a depot operation
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified
- Have a minimum of 5+ years Transport Management experience
- Have managed in excess of 80+ staff previously.
- Have managed budget in excess of £10M
- Be commercially aware and results driven
What's on Offer
- Salary - £50,000
- Company Pension scheme.
- 20 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Plus, additional Company benefits shown on our website https://www.eezehaul.co.uk/about/eezehaul-employee-benefits/
Please apply with your CV, Covering Letter and Application form to Laura.Gainsford@eezehaul.co.uk
Apply for General Manager – Logistics : Eezehaul
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly