Manufacturing Product Planner Crawley, United Kingdom : Varian
- Full Time
Manufacturing Product Planner Crawley, United Kingdom @ Varian
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We now have a Manufacturing Product Planner Opportunity @ Varian Crawley, UK.
Role is to ensure that the supply of materials meets the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity.
This includes ability to deliver efficient, effective, and flexible solutions to meet production requirements and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
- Schedule and control the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum stock levels.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to point of fit.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions.
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries.
- Understand and manage risks to minimize impact on production schedule.
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production.
- Ensure any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required.
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy • Monitor and control inventory levels against agreed target levels.
- Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
Skills & Experience Required:
- Associates Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Product planning experience within Manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product desirable
- Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP productivity software desirable
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.