Manufacturing Engineering Manager – Crawley, United Kingdom : Varian
- Full Time
Manufacturing Engineering Manager – Crawley, United Kingdom @ Varian
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We now have a Manufacturing Engineering Manager Opportunity @ Varian Crawley, UK.
- Oversee Manufacturing Engineering department employees, focusing on product improvement, effective and efficient resolution of production issues and employee development.
- Maintain ownership of the Engineering change process for the Crawley site, in conjunction with global representatives.
- Identify and implement operational improvements resulting in increased production efficiencies.
- Drive poke-yoke manufacturing and design techniques in Production, eliminating opportunity for error in product and process.
- Oversee training of the Manufacturing staff to ensure compliance and competency of the production workforce.
- Ensure adherence to schedules and commitments made within the department.
- Develop annual cost centre expense, capital and tooling budgets and control expenses within the budget.
- Interview and engage staff to fill authorised vacancies.
- Determine proper skill requirements for departmental members and ensure requirements are in-line with current requirements.
- To prepare and maintain job descriptions for all subordinate functions.
- Authorise purchase requisitions, travel expenses, and other cost centre expenses within the limits defined in the Company Levels of Expenditure document.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the disciplinary procedures, ensuring all staff are aware of these rules. Where infringements occur, take the necessary appropriate actions.
- Ensure that any grievances are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with Company policies.
- Meet all relevant goals set in the Key Performance Indicator spreadsheet (KPI’s)
- Ensure that employee development plans, including both evaluation of current and past performance and specific developmental goals are provided on a regular basis. Review these plans periodically, throughout the year.
- Convey to customers and other visitors, the best possible image of Varian products, production facilities and manufacturing capabilities when performing factory tours, talks and presentations.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining procedures for all processes and activities in the department.
- Responsible for the housekeeping, cleanliness and tidiness of the Manufacturing Engineering areas, including office and workshop space.
- Ensure regulatory compliance is met in all instances.
- Travel on Company business domestically and internationally, when required.
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your manager.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience (electro mechanical background preferred)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- People management and leadership skills
- Budget management experience – capital expenditure & machinery investment
- Experience working within a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of ERP/MRP as it relates to bill of material structure.
- Excellent communication, leadership and delegation skills.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.