Test Engineer (Electronics) Opportunity : Varian, Crawley, United Kingdom
- Full Time
Test Engineer (Electronics) Opportunity @ Varian, Crawley, United Kingdom
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds’ best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
We now have a Test Engineer opportunity within our Manufacturing Team @ Varian, Crawley, UK.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, this role will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering support to both Design and Manufacturing departments within Varian.
- Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test tools, and completes specifications and procedures for new and existing products.
- Documents work/deliverables according to the company standards and industry regulations.
- Work with other departments, customers and suppliers to provide practical technical solutions, quality improvement and cost reduction.
- Develop creative and innovative design and test solutions, suitable for manufacture, for new and existing products, systems, and assemblies.
- Use experience and knowledge to assist in the production of objective evidence of design robustness.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant technical education and practical experience gained in a small batch Electro Mechanical environment (medical device industry desirable).
- Ensure that programs are in compliance with standards for good laboratory practices (GLP), good manufacturing practices (GMP) and/or good clinical practices (GCP).
- Experience and competency in process validation and associated documentation creation.
- Ability to compare test results with predicted results to verify designs against requirements.
- Proficient in appropriate CAD tools and techniques. .
- Experience with SAP or similar MRP system desired.
- Awareness of Health & Safety best practice.
- Able to work on own initiative, ability to act independently and exercise judgement and discretion in making decisions.
- Problem solver & Innovative thinker.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.